When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Miglia GMT

TWP

I am sure that we have all seen this watch by now, have read the reviews, and have formed our own opinions. As with every watch either they are, or are not appealing. My first experince with Chopard, like many of us, started with the 21 jewels XXL which I fell in love with, and immediately upgraded to the ultimate (a watch that unfortunately I am not happy with). When the GMT's came out several months ago I ordered three of each models and had no problems selling every model. Well through divine intervention one managed to stay in inventory to long, and instead of selling it quickly at a good price I thought that I would wear it for awhile with the thought of passing it off as used in the event that I did not like it.

Well what can I say, time has passed, seasons have changed, and now this has become one of my favorite watches. The bracelet is very well made, and I love the 'locking style' deployant clasp, although it was a bit tricky at first getting used to unlocking it, because I wear my watches predominantly on my right wrist. What I love most about this watch is the dial. The white is very clean and contrast nicely with the black subdials. The date aperature could have been done better, but hey other than that the watch is perfect. Bonus: Very close to the gen, too.

Cheers

TWP

Chopard-GMT-WD-BLK-SD-0.jpg

Chopard-GMT-WD-BLK-SD-5.jpg

Chopard-GMT-WD-BLK-SD-9.jpg

Chopard-GMT-WD-BLK-SD-10.jpg

CHOPWR.jpg

CHOPWR_1.jpg

Hell yes that`s a good looking watch. Thought about it way too often.

Well my old friend, if it has your seal of approval let me dig deeper. Me see whats left after I pick up that Alpina Extreme that's due in any time. B)

You are going to love your alpina watch my friend. I wore mine the day after you posted that you had bought one. The build, finish, and fit on the Extreme is excellent. It conforms very nicely to the wrist and the strap...yaaaahooooo....your are going to love it, comfortable as hell.

On that note. Just let me know when you want your GMT. Special price for an ole buddy ;)

Cheers

TWP

Edited by TWP

Do a quick search at TZ, I did a quick compare of my MM GMT (purchased from TWP of course) to the original and the rep is amazingly close. It is truly a beautiful watch and deserving of a bump in the rotation.

-B

TWP - drop me a line one of these days...

Edited by brep

I agree - this is a great watch made with a lot of love for detail. Mine runs extremely accurate and I am very happy with it. I have meanwhile put it on a leather strap and that too looks great. I have a Chopard magazine ad with my exact model of the MM GMT and it looks just perfect.

Chopard.jpg

I have the same version as Prince, and agree with the others on this thread that the Chopard Miglia GMT is a stunning, fantastic watch, and one of the best reps available today. I received three compliments from random strangers in the first two days that I wore it. I am somewhat surprised that this watch does not receive more comment on RWG.

Although I haven't inspected the movement, it has the best "feel" of any of my 7750s, keeps excellent time, and has a strong power reserve.

My sole complaint is that on my watch the cyclops sits a bit higher than it should. This would be easily adjusted by someone who is comfortable with basic repairs. In my case I'll have the crystal properly adjusted when I send it out for service in a few months.

I agree - this is a great watch made with a lot of love for detail. Mine runs extremely accurate and I am very happy with it. I have meanwhile put it on a leather strap and that too looks great. I have a Chopard magazine ad with my exact model of the MM GMT and it looks just perfect.

indeed looks almost perfect!! What about lume and AR, are they good?

Beautiful watch, TWP, I really need to keep my credit card from jumping out from my wallet again...I probably won't hold off too long, hehe! That said, I do hope you tightened the screw by the clasp, I wouldn't want to see that pretty piece mangled up from a nasty fall!

You have that model for sell ?

I do have this model for sell. Please pm me or email me at TWP.RWG@gmail.com for details.

I heard different tales about the AR coating on this watch, some says it's single sided other say that no matter whatthey do, they cannot see any AR on it.

What's the truth?

All the ones I have ordered and personally inspected have ar coating on them.

I have the same version as Prince, and agree with the others on this thread that the Chopard Miglia GMT is a stunning, fantastic watch, and one of the best reps available today. I received three compliments from random strangers in the first two days that I wore it. I am somewhat surprised that this watch does not receive more comment on RWG.

Although I haven't inspected the movement, it has the best "feel" of any of my 7750s, keeps excellent time, and has a strong power reserve.

I could not agree with you more. With a full wind and a day of wearing sometimes my reserve last as long as 70 hours. This is a clean, elegant watch and it deserves more attention then some of current reps on the market. Built just as well as the Blackbird, better looking, and about $100 dollars cheaper . Why is this watch not getting all the buzz as others ? <_<

Fantastic bracelet, and that playful "magical" effect on the front side served by the 3 rings of numbers (starting from the Bezel) which use on purpose specific sizes and fonts, ahh the beauty! :)

TWP, I know you make stunning re-lume jobs (I'm still drooling over those PAM pics you showed me in the thread I started about lume color - Cyan VS Green - :wub: ) would you consider this watch needs one? (probably the icing on the cake?)

Fantastic bracelet, and that playful "magical" effect on the front side served by the 3 rings of numbers (starting from the Bezel) which use on purpose specific sizes and fonts, ahh the beauty! :)

TWP, I know you make stunning re-lume jobs (I'm still drooling over those PAM pics you showed me in the thread I started about lume color - Cyan VS Green - :wub: ) would you consider this watch needs one? (probably the icing on the cake?)

I am going to take some fresh pictures of my love tonight. I will include an ar shot for you and a lume shot. I will have to admit that the lume is pretty shabby. Let me disassemble mine tonight and to see if your proposition is feasible.

Cheers

TWP

Edited by TWP