When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC St Exupery Rose Gold

takashi

This is my first full gold replica watch, certainly not going to be the last. Build quality is SUPERB for the price. To its own, this watch is unique. Brown coloured dial with rose gold case. What an awesome combination. This is a reflection on how IWC replica should be made, very much blast from the past (IWC GST Ti). Crown tube and crown are much improved this time round.

Case: 45mm inclusive crown. Rose gold plated. It looks even and represents real 18K rose gold colour.

Movement: Asian 7750, Hi beat rate. As usual, non problematic. Fully wound, worn and gained about 5 secs for the last 12 hours. Datewheel and daywheel is incorrect for this model (wrong font) but it centers nicely.

Crystal: Sapphire, single sided AR coated.

Dial: Brown, decorated rose gold numerical with alphabet "A." on 6 o'clock subdial position. Silver subdials. Brown have subtle sunburst pattern (unlike matte like in PAM036).

Hands: Luminous, Rose Gold.

Straps: Replica standard straps -> do this watch injustice, should get a strap replacement.

Buckle: Rose gold however wrong stamping at the back. Should not have Acier Inox stamped.

Please take note that Crystal plastic protector and caseback plastic protector are still on.

dscn7831pq4.jpg

AR is definitely present

dscn7833mi6.jpg

dscn7835za0.jpg

Buckle is very well made. On par with SS counterpart on Ingenieur.

dscn7838ky9.jpg

Full watch face

dscn7839mx5.jpg

Caseback

dscn7842cn3.jpg

Crown

dscn7845az6.jpg

Replica lume shot. Not bad for a replica. It lasts as good as C1 SuperLume.

dscn7851jr1.jpg

Last but not least, a mandatory wrist shot.

dscn7849hs7.jpg

Guest Sql_pl

I'd love to pick this one up but I am not sure about the subdials... don't you feel they are far too shiny when compared to gen?

21209.jpg

Here is a better pic of a gen:

IWC_11_L.jpg

Edited by Sql_pl

Well, just my 2 cents. Subdials aren't distracting at all, despite its silvery colour. It blends really nicely with the dial and provides good contrast with rose gold/white luminous hands. Double AR coated on the crystal will help to reduce "shininess" of the subdials, however it's not a must. I have not seen the genuine so can't really confirm how shiny the subdials are. It's a limited edition model and no longer exists on 2007 IWC catalogue. This model is replaced with St Exupery power reserve.

Lug size is 21mm, it's the same measurement as IWC 3717 Pilot Chronograph.

@kruzer: I will give it a try. It's gonna be a useful tip. Thanks a lot. Nonetheless, I would like to cross check with the genuine article. There is a possibility that double sided AR coating on genuine piece tones down the shine considerably.

Edited by takashi