When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Showing off my modded BR 01-92 Special edition.

Guest watchbuff

Guest watchbuff

I modded this watch 2 days after receiving it. I drilled out the caseback and added the proper size hex screws and VOILA! All I need to know is if the gen ornage dial is luminous, this one is not. Is ther a way to add the orange lume if that's what it needs?

post-8404-1191458913_thumb.jpg

Guest watchbuff

O yes the back of course. A fellow aviator had me take the watch off who is a watch afficianado himself to get a closer look, and he muttered, "the real deal......s$&t!" I guess he was looking for the tell tale stamps. ;)

post-8404-1191459292_thumb.jpg

O yes the back of course. A fellow aviator had me take the watch off who is a watch afficianado himself to get a closer look, and he muttered, "the real deal......s$&t!" I guess he was looking for the tell tale stamps. ;)

If he knew his BR01's he would have known that the lugs are a separate part from the case. But then again, with the PVD you can never tell anyway.

Guest watchbuff

Here's the best I can give you. I should have cleaned it up before the pic after wearing it most of the warm afternoon. Sometimes"crud" gets in the gaps of the caseback around the hex screws like the back of the fluted edges of my datejust. Enjoy

post-8404-1191460440_thumb.jpg

Guest watchbuff

That's why you can get away with it with PVD. Stainless is harder to pull off but i have done it. I have a BR 01-94 with the stainless screws in back f/s modded and ready to go. Make me an offer.!!!

Guest watchbuff

A drill press is a must. i use a heavy aviation press(Since I work in an aircraft hangar) with a diamond bit. I remove the movement to keep is safe from the heat. I get the bit dead -balls center with the drill off and I make a slow approach to the metal (we only get one shot at this to be centered) Once I an satisfied that is centered I proceed to add pressure to start the bore and add a flow of wd-40 to keep it cool. Do this 4 times and then clean out the holes, check the depth and test fit the set screws. The first couiple I made I made the hole slightly oversixed and used black silicone epoxy to keep the screws in the holes. Later I made the holes within .001 mm of the set screws, added a small dab of silicone epoxy in the holes and pressed them in with a hand press.

I have my stainless br01-94 with the mods for sale $300.00 or trade for a modded Sub.

Guest watchbuff

The dissasembly steps are correct, The firs time I did it with the movement in place with no issues, but I went slooooooooow with the drill. I remove he movement now to avoid any thermal issues to seize the movement. At the very leasy I would hack the movement if you keep it in and drill slooooooooooooooow.

Also dony bother tapping the holes, they are just for show. Knock yourself out if you want to but the end result is just to get tme to stay put.

Cheers~!