When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone been able to verify a 28,8 movement in HBB from silix?

wraithride

I've always purchased my watches from Josh, since he takes credit cards, and has had excellent reviews. I've always wanted an HBB, but the prices are just too outrageous. Since I joined this site, I noticed some of the dealer links and reviews, and I must say that Silix Prime is looking mighty interesting with that cheaper HBB that supposedly has a 28,8 movement in it. I've seen other posts where people are ordering the watches and want to verify the movement, but I've seen no updates yet to either confirm the movement. If it can be confirmed that it does indeed have a new 7750 movement, I'm gettin' me one of them!

Wr

I have exchanged emails with Jay and he verified 28k. He is well respected and I trust his input. He did tell me that the maker will put whatever movement a distributor wants in it but will not AR coat the cheaper versions. Also look at the difference in the Lite version and silix version datewheels. They are very different.

now i'd still be willing to go through josh if he listed a "lite" 28,8 movement HBB on his site. I guess i'm too new to the rep business to care about AR. Maybe I've never been up close to a watch that has AR to know why it's worth the big bucks, but I'd be more than happy with a big bang carrying a new movement without an AR. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why AR makes a watch great?

Also, I'm having trouble creating an account on silix prime site, any tips for that? I get some error in chinese that only mentions a single english word "email" in it. yes, i remembered to put my email address in the email box on the form :)

Wr

...Also, I'm having trouble creating an account on silix prime site, any tips for that? I get some error in chinese that only mentions a single english word "email" in it. yes, i remembered to put my email address in the email box on the form :)

Wr

Don't bother with the registration... Either email Jay or PM him here, mate! ;)