When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the more accurate 127 crystal now?

mezzanine

I'm wondering whether the colour of the hue of the AR that K222 has tested for the 'yellowish', presumably double, AR run means for having the most accurate crystal. I love the intensity of double-AR, and believe that the intensity is less significant than the hint of colour. The question is whether the single sided AR of the davidsen, having one sided interior AR which is the correct coating for the fiddy- or the yellow AR which I think is a more salient rep clue, because of it's observable sensory presentation when the crystal is rotated under a light source so that the crystal experiences a wide degree of exposure to different angles of light.

The idea of a davidsen fiddy, modded with one of these crystals as being pretty impressive. Stronger AR just appears more stunning on a watch like that this type of dial surface area encased in the dome crytal, as far as my own personal aesthetics go- but the beauty of modding is that hopefully there's room for both, which is way cooler to me than not having such a significant aftermarket upgrade for any watch that has AR or uses it. Stronger is better!