When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quest for Breitling Dive Strap

redcamel

Thats bullsh!t. I was at a Breitling AD today and the guy pulled those straps out and handed them to me. Could've walked away with one for $75 on the spot.

It was Bailey, Banks & Biddle if that is any help for you.

Two stores: and probably the reason why one asked for the SN.

(True story)

I purchased a rubber strap for my Super Avenger from Tourneau. They had it in stock, so they provided one on the spot (confirms P4's story)

I tried to purchase a blue rubber strap for same watch from Kenjo. They didn't have it and they DID ask me for the S/N. Since I didn't remember it off the top of my head, they still ordered one for me anyway. The AD told me that they do it so they make sure the AD orders it for the correct model. Bear in mind the BUSA probably knows that the sales reps aren't the most knowledgeable bunch, so they take out all the guesswork and have them provide the SN. Then the BUSA rep can punch it in the computer and locate the proper size to ship out.

It's not to prevent "jazzing up replicas"; they try to keep a foolproof system and in the days of retail, no one wants to have shrink due to human error.

Ok I went back today with a valid serial number....don't ask but I got one. A different sales lady (no one I knew was there). Anyways she didn't even ask for the number, but said the dive strap was on backorder, she ordered one last week. She said about 3 months if I order today. I'm going to call the next closest AD tomorrow to confirm or maybe I'll get luck and they have stock. It's a long drive but.....I could make a trip of it I guess

Well, here comes my AD rubber strap story..

AD actually went "WOW" when I gave him my SFSO and I told him it was a rep,best rep he had ever seen..he was very impressed and obviously this was not the reaction I expected, so that was kinda cool! Total of three of the watchsmiths in this store (best selling breitling store in all of Norway) was dropping their jaws over this watch.. I was beginning to regret this now, thinking this is too much attention maybe?

Anyway, only flaw one of them could see without inspecting it further was the steel on the sides of the watch being a bit darker than the genuine (I dont really aggree on that though..)

Anyway, they had no problems selling me a strap for it. And when I lost the buckle a couple of weeks ago (drunk, and dont know where it went.. probably somewhere on the dancefloor), I went back to them to buy a buckle, and the same guy gave me a new strap for free since he didnt have any buckles in stock.