When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

On-line Opinion Survey - "a Survey About Watches"

bres3000

I subscribe to a couple on-line market research deals and occasionally I take the time to take part in one of their surveys. Anyway, yesterday in the subject line of one of their emails I read: "A Survey about Watches"

So, I had to make a choice; click on Delete or click on the Link? What? OF COURSE I clicked on the Link!

The first "question" listed several Price Range groupings - $100 - $200, $200 - $300, etc. To the side were boxes to check either "Would consider buying" or "Would NOT consider buying." I think I started saying "would NOT" at $2,000

The second "question" listed several Watch Brands and asked if I had or had not heard of them. From what I remember, they listed Baume & Mercier, Breitling, Cartier, Movado, Omega, Raymond Weil, Rolex, Tag Heuer... I dunno, maybe Longines too. (But NO Panerai!) So I checked them all and went to the next question.

So, there's an Ad like you'd see on a whole page in a magazine and it has Tiger Woods on the left, kind of in the shadows and on the right foreground is some Tag Heuer chronograph. I hate Tag's so I have no idea what model it was. I can't even remember what the caption said. Now there are questions about how the Ad "made me feel" about the product. Yeah, right. Did I mention that I hate Tag's? Well, I blasted through marking the most negative answer possible on all the questions.

And THEN.... it says "View the Ad again, and then tell us what the Ad 'says' to you." HOT DOG - my editorial license has arrived! To paraphrase, I said that the Ad "said" to me that "if I don't mind owning a crappy watch, I should buy this watch so I can join the Corps of Assholes of which Tiger Woods is the president."

And that's about it. No questions about Reps. But they DID ask: "Who is co0L3r, Slay or x2crazy4shadyx?"

I said they were equally cool.