When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Taken the plunge!

gizmopop

Just wanted to say 'hi' and thank everyone for the great info.

On the 19th, I ordered a Rolex Sub (Asian) and for the wife, a Cartier Roadster from Andrew based on my research here. I've always wanted a Sub and although my wife doesn't really care about watches the Roadster seemed to be a solid choice that I may use for her Christmas present.

One curious thing though is that the transaction flagged the fraud department for my credit card. Hopefully no issues there as I had to authorize the release of funds. Everything I could find on the site has Andrew as a stand-up guy so I'm not too concerned.

I've received a number of automated emails from Andrew so at least I know things are moving forward but no shipping number as of yet.

Once the watches are received, I'll post photos the appropriate forums.

This is actually my second rep purchase. The first one being a Tag Heuer about 10 years ago in Hong Kong from a back alley shop. The watches were hidden behind the ceiling tiles and it was all a bit shady. The watch was quartz and worked fine for quite a few years until it was sold in a garage sale. I knew nothing about what I was purchasing at the time but it was a decent looking watch although it was fairly obvious that it was a copy watch.

Needless to say, the 'industry' has come a long ways and the level of scrutinizing taking place on this site is amazing. Certainly rep fans/collectors are much more aware of the details on these watches compared to purchasers of the real items.