When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The answer to..... "Will a Gen Bezel fit my UPO?"

911RS

Here is the verdict.....

********GEN BEZEL AND INSERT WILL NOT FIT YOUR REP!********

The inner diameter of the genuine bezel is larger than the rep bezel (rep = 35.3 mm gen=37.10mm). The click spring is also much larger with the notches being farther out towards the edge of the bezel, which means the genuine click can't be installed either.

Regards

Expensive gamble. I feel for you. I was hoping it would fit as the UPO pearl is driving me nuts. I wonder if there will ever be an Ultimate UPO with a 1:1 case? After the circus with the Seadweller and the Sub, the thought is the stuff of nightmares.

Money is made to be spent hahhaa. It was a learning experience and I hope my info benefits anyone else thinking of putting the gen bezel and insert on their rep.

Here is the verdict.....

The inner diameter of the genuine bezel is larger than the rep bezel (rep = 35.3 mm gen=37.10mm). The click spring is also much larger with the notches being farther out towards the edge of the bezel, which means the genuine click can't be installed either.

Regards

Will the insert itself fit the rep bezel (with the understanding that the pearl post on the rep bezel would need to be ground down), or is that also a different diameter?

Guest porsche356a

Thanks for sharing this info. I know a lot of people have been wondering the answer to this and the click spring.

It has been stated before though that the bezel is one of the best parts of the UPO, so having said that, replacing the DIAL, HANDs and Crystal would be pretty worthwhile. I think the case tube and crown are overkill, but to each his own. Thanks RS. ;)

Will the insert itself fit the rep bezel (with the understanding that the pearl post on the rep bezel would need to be ground down), or is that also a different diameter?

Yes the bezel insert will fit the rep bezel, just measured them both.

Pearl on the rep is attached separatly to the bezel, easy to remove once the insert is removed.

RG

Yes the bezel insert will fit the rep bezel, just measured them both.

Pearl on the rep is attached separatly to the bezel, easy to remove once the insert is removed.

RG

I love you The Zigmeister. In a you're the best big brother ever kind of way. :D My UPO with the gen parts will be shipped out this week. You can keep the gen bezel for "testing" purposes. I'll be more than satisfied with the gen insert.

Here is the verdict.....

Regards

This is the answer...

RG

Can't say I'm surprised. I still don't get the dissatisfaction with the UPO case/bezel assembly. Mine (with only crystal modded) looks 1:1 next to the gen (though these measurements prove it's obviously not), bar the dial logo. I'm beyond happy with it.

Kudos to 911RS though for taking the bullet for you lot.

@ onj, how come you didn't spring for the gen crystal? Other members did the gen crystal and said it REALLY brings the watch out with that AR. Of course you can still do it anytime.

too much invested already, gen crystal is $180 more, and I`ve seen owners of this genuine watch polish off the AR, so no big deal for me...at least for now...

onj

Guest porsche356a
too much invested already, gen crystal is $180 more, and I`ve seen owners of this genuine watch polish off the AR, so no big deal for me...at least for now...

onj

+1 My watchmaker has polished off the AR on my GEN SMP when he serviced it a few years ago.