When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VC Overseas w/double AR

LordRasta

I recently bought a VC Overseas from a wonderful member. This VC did not have the AR and since his wrists are smaller than mine, links had to be added. Well nothing is worse than the screws in the bracelet of a VC Overseas. Once I "chewed" up all the screws I took it to my local watchsmith who will work on my reps because we have a long history together. We ended up doing a total hack job to the bracelet, it has a combination of screws and pins and none of the screws will ever come out so unless your wrists are the same size as mine the watch would never do you any good. No problem I say, I wear it as a daily beater and it is VERY comfortable. Since I could not obtain another bracelet, I decided to get the Silix version with double AR. I was prepared for the bracelet, I bought new screwdrivers and a few cans of WD-40. I was prepared to submerge this thing in WD-40 for days if necessary, anything to loosen up the screws. Well the watch arrived this morning, I take it out of the package and BAM!!!! The AR is so blue and SO beautiful! I'm admiring this thing for so long that I didn't even notice that when I slipped it on my wrist....it fit PERFECTLY! Comparing it side by side with my beater VC, the datewheel font on the beater is much nicer. I don't know where the first one came from but I know it did not come from Silix. There were a couple of screws that were backed out, the drama of drop shipping, but I gently screwed them back in and made sure all the rest were nice and snug. I'll send them both to The Zigmeister for servicing and switch the datewheel. Now if they could only fix "geneve" on the dial....

As for pics I don't have a camera but a very good friend does professional pics as a side gig so I am planning on having some nice pics taken of my collection and they will be published for all in my RWG family.