When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT hand

pobiga

I just got yesterday a so called "PAM S076" from Jay. This is a GMT model with modified ETA 2836. I had a look and a complete search in the forum but I'm not able to adjust the GMT hand. I'm afraid that this is not adjustable one because I put the crown in position 2 and if I turn clokwise it change the date wheel, if I turn counterclockwise nothing happens. :(

Some one can explain me if the hand is not adjustable or is the mov broken?

Thanks guys!

Edited by pobiga

Hand should be adjustable if it is a 2836 GMT. It doesn't adjust in one-hour increments like 2892 but it should be readily adjustable. :( Sorry to hear it.

Thank you Kruzer, in fact I also have a OM ega SM GMT, very cheap one paid on I-offer less than 50 $ but very precise in movement, and it's really easily adjustable (GMT hand) in position 2 and counterclockwise.

Now I'm also asking to Jay to confirm me if I'm wrong or not to operate the adjustment.

Ciao

Edited by pobiga

Out of curiosity, is the GMT hand running on a 24 hr sweep with the main hands? If it's not adjustable at all, that might well be all it will do. If that is the case, and it's not even synched to the correct time zone, I'd suggest stripping the watch, re-setting the hands to 12, pulling them off, putting the GMT hand on set to 12, and then reassembling. Sorry to hear you might've got a lemon... :(

Out of curiosity, is the GMT hand running on a 24 hr sweep with the main hands? If it's not adjustable at all, that might well be all it will do. If that is the case, and it's not even synched to the correct time zone, I'd suggest stripping the watch, re-setting the hands to 12, pulling them off, putting the GMT hand on set to 12, and then reassembling. Sorry to hear you might've got a lemon... :(

Thanks TeeJay,

I confirm that GMT hand is running on 24 hr, following the main hr hand (two complete turn of main hr hand = one complete run of GMT hand).

Problem is that is not adjustable for a different time zone.

Ciao

Thanks TeeJay,

I confirm that GMT hand is running on 24 hr, following the main hr hand (two complete turn of main hr hand = one complete run of GMT hand).

Problem is that is not adjustable for a different time zone.

Ciao

That's a real shame that it's not adjustable. Might it be worth stipping the watch down to manually replace the GMT hand so it would then make the 24 hour track out of synch with the main hands but in the '2nd' time zone? Sorry to hear that the watch wasn't as you'd hoped for.