When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daylight Pics Request

bruce79

I've been seriously tempted to invest in a Daylight but it'd be nice to see some of your pics for reference. I searched thread after thread last night for pics but I was left wanting more. I know you've got 'em...now it's time to show 'em. Please add comments if you wish. Thanks

Edited by bruce79

It'd be interesting to know which are 7750 and which are 7753...is there much of a difference besides the movement and the price? Beautiful pics by the way.

7750 is a misnomer when it comes to PAM Daylight Chronos. 7750 mov't comes with subdials @ 6, 9, 12 o'clock position (also known as Tag Heuer chrono-style), in 7753 they're positioned @ 3, 6 and 9 o'clock, just like Pam 40 and 44mm chrono watches use.

188/196/250/251 reps come in two mov't flavors, Swiss ETA 7753 (Valjoux 7753), or Asian 7753 clone.

If you can source a nice 188 or 196 with old factory case and Swiss ETA 7753 - go for it by all means, they're worth every penny.

cheers,

babola

fishgodeep, very nice my friend, nice detailed pics. The crown has obviously been modded. Looks like a possible lume job too? Am I right in saying the sub dials are more recessed on the asian models than the ETA models? If so, how much of a noticeable flaw is this?

fishgodeep, very nice my friend, nice detailed pics. The crown has obviously been modded. Looks like a possible lume job too? Am I right in saying the sub dials are more recessed on the asian models than the ETA models? If so, how much of a noticeable flaw is this?

Thanks Bruce...!!

Watch is as it came - with exception of re-lume by Ziggy......

Dial is cosmetically more correct on the Asian - i had one also - but decide to stick with my 7753 as this engine rules - but they both have their flaws

Fit and finish is excellent on this (think it's out of the same factory as the "Ruby/Josh 036".

Bracelet is such a good fit to the case and with the single deployment - it stays despite strap temptations.

Believe you can still source from Angus/Andrew/Joshua/King and probably other respected sellers.

Due a Lello 7753 datewheel and then just waiting and hoping for a new upgrade 7753 dial .....or maybe even a gen if the replica gods are in favour:-

PS - now found the signature I always wanted - :fish:

Just referenced a pic of a gen 250 and it's sub dials seem to be a bit recessed. Am I imagining this in my head or is there a difference in sub dial depth between the ETA & Asian movements? @ kruzer, very nice my friend. Am I right in assuming the stock daylight reps do not come with ar, I've looked around and haven't found any descriptions that state otherwise.

I believe daylight to be one of the best panerai replicas around, or am I wrong?

Here is a pic of mine:

post-1561-1194017207_thumb.jpg

Will all the glare in my pic go away once I have had it AR`ed? Should perhaps superlume it as well, does chieftang do both? Does chieftang AR both sides?

Edited by skjalg

Awesome pieces guys, FGD that 188 with recessed subdials is simply outstanding!

Is that Homer crown with bevel added on inside the teeth?

BTW, I have decided on more traditional approach and got myself a 196, like Kruzer :)

250 is a stunner for sure, as well.

cheers,

babola

Awesome pieces guys, FGD that 188 with recessed subdials is simply outstanding!

Is that Homer crown with bevel added on inside the teeth?

BTW, I have decided on more traditional approach and got myself a 196, like Kruzer :)

250 is a stunner for sure, as well.

cheers,

babola

Muchos Gracias.....say the 188 as it is now enjoying a warmer climate and a second language,,,,,:-)

That's exactly as it came out the box - the latest top end 7753 version from Joshua - fat CG and crown and oh that dial is the best yet by far....

Sadly it had to go to make room in my box for 196 .....work in progress...:-)

Best

FGD

:fish: