When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with Panerai Ferrari Scuderia 0008

AndreasK

Ok, I have been lurking here for the last few weeks trying to gather as much info to make my fist purchase. This forum is an awsome place for a noob like myself! The watch I really want is the Panerai Ferrari Scuderia 0008 Chrono and the question I have is I have seen it on two sites for $328 and one site has it for $255 (I hope I am allowed to post prices). Are these the same watch? Are they coming from the same factory? I have seen others post this question, but nobody seems to have a straight answer. Can anyone reccomed a dealer?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Andreas

I'll assume that the $328 model is that from Josh or Andrew, and the $255 model is that from Silix.

Silix does not state the movement as 28800 bph.

He also says 'working chrono at 9', which is curious as the subdial at 9 is supposed to be running seconds.

It might be because of his poorer English and website accuracy when compared with Josh or Andrew, though. Silix is known to be less expensive than other collectors on several models.

Try asking Silix directly about the movement and chrono functions.

Hoping that his English enables him to understand and properly reply your question...

Welcome to the forum, good choice in a first watch. The Ferrari line by Panerai is a beautiful and accurate rep. If the watch from Silex is no different that Trusty or Perfect Clones, then go for it, always good to save a few bucks and Silex is very respected. Be forwarned, after buying this first watch, you will become an addict. There are worse things to be addicited to of course. This only effects your bank account, at first, however after 20 watches, you will see some guys fall to pieces, babbling incoherently about crown screws and strap buckles. Be afraid, be very afraid. :help:

I did E-mail King for a price, is this the only way to get prices from King's site?

As far as I know: yes.

Btw, I subscribe all Hambone's warnings to you about reps in general and PAMs especially. And his welcome to the forum.

If you are really fond about reps and horlogery I suggest you take a minute to have a look here and consider upgrading your membership. This will highly help you in taking the best out of your money and the greatest fun out of the forum.