When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Link Chrono - different models?

ahchard

I bought my Tag Link Senna some time ago and have always been my daily beater. My friend bought a Tag Link Chrono recently and passed it to me last week to fix a flaw - there was a big gap between the chapter ring and the dial face... i opened the watch and tried to see what was wrong but I could not see the problem without removing the movement and dial.

I was going to do this and started removing the screw holding the movement down... i got the screw out and there were 2 small pieces that look like a washer that came loose under the screw. I think these 2 washers are what hold the movement in place? I am not sure... the small parts got me worried and i did not want to go any further so I put the screw back in and just tried pushing the movement tighter into the case. The gap got slightly smaller but is still there.

I also took a few side by side pics and while doing this I noticed that the two watches have diff model and serial no's on the caseback. Mine is CJF2114 YD6880. My friends watch is CJF2111 BA0576.

Just wondering with other tag link owners... what serial number is printed on your caseback?

This got me curious so I opened up my caseback and noticed some slight difference in the movement. Mine has silver screws while my friends has blue screws.

Here are some pics:

img6818cx8.jpg

img6813sn1.jpg

img6814py9.jpg

Here you can see the gap between the dial and the ring before I attempted my fix:

img6688or1.jpg

img6687ha3.jpg

img6687ha3.jpg