When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB Scratched!

pikajew

I'm not sure how, but my HubXXX Rose Gold HBB suffered a mighty big scratch on the AR coated crystal last night! Man, the scratch is obvious! It looks like a dog's white hair is stuck to the crystal!

Does anyone know of a dealer that can source a replacement AR sapphire crystal for the HBB rep?

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

Pika in Los Angeles

It is probably the AR coating that has been scratched. I have a tiny hairline on my gen breitling. You can pop the crystal out and send it off to the above mentioned for a recoat.

Thanks for the timely response. Angus agrees and thinks the AR is simply scratched. Is chieftang/k222 the same person? Is he/she located in the U.S.? Thanks again!

K2222 is in Poland.

Btw, genuine AR is harder than saphire. If you manage to scratch it, the crystal will most likely be scratched, too.

But you could be lucky with rep AR.

Anyway, K2222 can polish out scratches, too... He did it on one of my crystals I sent him ;)

Just a quick note; AR isn't harder than sapphire, even on Breitlings. This is an unfortunate reason that many watch owners who have double AR coatings, such as Breits and Omega PO's sometimes have to poilsh the outer layer off of the crystal due to small scratches being evident in it. Whilst proper AR is very durable, and must go through a scratch test to reach a required standard, it is softer than sapphire. It is however more durable than mineral glass.