When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hep Me Hep Me! Stopwatch (chrono?) On My Navitimer Rep Resets To The 12second Mark

Hey all, the other day (I don't know how it happened, I really try never to use the stopwatch function on my navitimer rep) i reset my chrono and it went back to the 12 second spot instead of noon (it's off 72 degrees east basically) and I've tried letting it run for a while and then resetting it, it still goes back to the wrong spot :( I absolutely love my rep, I got it from Andrew and it's worked flawlessly for months now! Please let me know if it's fixable, or who can fix it.

Thanks you guys soooo much, I really appreciate any help!!!

:D

P.S. it's the Navitimer Serie Speciale black with white dials at 6-9-12, I can take a pic later today if need be.

Thanks again!

There are quite a few posts on this issue, mine has the same problem. When you reset the chrono near the 6 position, there is enough force that the chrono hand slips. Unfortunatly it will always return to that position until it either slips agian or is fixed. To fix you need to remove the movement, and epoxy the hand in the 12 position with the movement reset. Once epoxied your chrono will always return to 12 no matter where you reset it from.

If you send it in for service, or if you have local watch repair that will work on reps this shouldnt be a big deal for them.

There are quite a few posts on this issue, mine has the same problem. When you reset the chrono near the 6 position, there is enough force that the chrono hand slips. Unfortunatly it will always return to that position until it either slips agian or is fixed. To fix you need to remove the movement, and epoxy the hand in the 12 position with the movement reset. Once epoxied your chrono will always return to 12 no matter where you reset it from.

If you send it in for service, or if you have local watch repair that will work on reps this shouldnt be a big deal for them.

I don't think I'm confident enough to do this myself, do you reccommend anyone on the forum that would fix it for a reasonable cost?

My dear misaligned Dragonplayboy

I have a chronograph with a similar misalignment. My simple solution is to activate the stopwatch, allow the central seconds hand to traverse the dial to the 12:00 position, then stop it before the minutes subdial clicks over to "one".

It's quick, it's dirty, and it works. I like things like that. :winkiss:

My dear misaligned Dragonplayboy

I have a chronograph with a similar misalignment. My simple solution is to activate the stopwatch, allow the central seconds hand to traverse the dial to the 12:00 position, then stop it before the minutes subdial clicks over to "one".

It's quick, it's dirty, and it works. I like things like that. :winkiss:

Heyyyyy.... sneaky sneaky!!! i like it. Thanks! I do want to eventually get it fixed though. any suggestions of users on the board?

Heyyyyy.... sneaky sneaky!!! i like it. Thanks! I do want to eventually get it fixed though. any suggestions of users on the board?

The same thing happens with my Navi rep. My advice is, live with it and be glad you don't have bigger problems. A skilled watchsmith could probably overhaul the movement for you for around $150. Or you buy and install a swiss movement for around double that. IMO, manually stop it at 12 o'clock and forget about it.

Just get it opened and push the second hand back to position. Then don't hit the reset button unless the hand is between 10 and 2. Or have it glued and never worry about it again.

actually, most competent watchmakers can realign the central counter hand, and affix it in place for about $30

If you don't want to open the case, you may try this:

Step 1: Current Hand @around 2, start chorono,

Step 2: stop it @ around 10

Step 3: reset.

See if the chrono hand resets to a position closer to 12. If it does, follow step 1-3 until the hand eventually resets to 12.

if the hand resets to any position before 12, say 11, then follow these steps:

Step 4: Current hand @around 11, start chorono.

Step 5: stop it @ 2

Step 6: reset.

I did it on a couple 7750 and successfully reset the hands back to 12.

Edited by cwai02

That works well. Im assuming from looking at the bezel design you have to remove the movement to get to the second hand (would still like to epoxy in place), and that the bezel doesnt come off without a press. If you dont want to epoxy, i'd suggest only reseting your chrono at 12 otherwise eventually it will slip.

If you don't want to open the case, you may try this:

Step 1: Current Hand @around 2, start chorono,

Step 2: stop it @ around 10

Step 3: reset.

See if the chrono hand resets to a position closer to 12. If it does, follow step 1-3 until the hand eventually resets to 12.

if the hand resets to any position before 12, say 11, then follow these steps:

Step 4: Current hand @around 11, start chorono.

Step 5: stop it @ 2

Step 6: reset.

I did it on a couple 7750 and successfully reset the hands back to 12.