When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

111H

TWP

Dear All

Many of you know him and many of you do not. The Top Plate Lume was one of flava's specialties. I am lucky enough to know Flava personally, and have seen many of the watches that he has done. They all looked great, felt great, and most impressive his mods were some of the closet that came to the real thing. I have spoke with many of his clients and they all have been happy with his work. It is a shame that he has decided to call it quits. His love for watches and modding is apparent in his work.

Now I do know the sentiment is not shared by all of us! Lets remember that we are not machines, and human hands can never be that precise. When looking through a 10X loupe we all can find mistakes that people make. What I like most about Flava is his professionalism! For instance, he received one of the very first modded watches that i had done, and rather than plaster my mistakes all over the boards he gave me a quick pm and explained the situation to me. In my field that is known as professional gratis!

Thanks flava for inspiring me to do pieces such as this

Cheers

T

TWP-111H-Top-Plate.jpg

TWP-111H-Top-Plate_1.jpg

TWP-111H-Top-Plate_2.jpg

TWP-111H-Top-Plate_3.jpg

TWP-111H-Top-Plate_4.jpg

TWP-111H-Top-Plate_5.jpg

TWP-111H-Top-Plate_6.jpg

TWP-111H-Top-Plate_8.jpg

Thanks Prince, that looks awesome!

In fact, you made me put on my own Flava111 after some weeks. Feels good! :)

Thank you . The top plate lume is harder than it looks. It is more than just slapping some lume on the back of the top plate. Glad you like your 111 that flav did.

Teejay

Just let me know when you are ready to send yours to me :thumbsupsmileyanim: I am booked solid through december and January is starting to fill up.

Cheers

T

Edited by TWP

Teejay

Just let me know when you are ready to send yours to me :thumbsupsmileyanim: I am booked solid through december and January is starting to fill up.

Cheers

T

I will indeed :) The 111h, which will be the dial donor, has been returned to the watchsmiths to see if they can correct their mistake. If they can't, it's not a big problem, the watch will still be useable as a donor for this, and potentially other, projects. I've been quoted a 2-3 week turn around, so I'm hoping to get enough comissions between now and then to pay for the relume and dial swap :) I'm sure that the lettering on the dial is incorrectly printed (too small, I think), but I'll be interested for your professional opinion of the quality of the lume, as it seems to be the best of any of my watches thus far :)