When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega UPO Chrono

sub1

Was wondering if anyone has this watch and if there were any issues? I am thinking of getting this as it seems that we cannot get UPO's with the 2824-2 movement in them right now. Issues would be chrono stops working, or not resetting, crooked logo, etc...

Thanks for any help.

http://www.pc-80108.com/omse10045-planet-o...800-p-2861.html

First, the PO Chrono is not "Ultimate". As previously mentioned, like most Omega chrono reps, the subdial spacing is all wrong, which leads to other faults on the dial such as the size of the 3, 6 & 9 as well as the undersized markers at those positions. One thing I love about this watch is the inward facing date font. As far as the movement goes, it uses the modified 7750, which in my opinion is a fairly solid motor. Automatic chrono movements are much more complicated than normal movements, thus are much more susceptible to failure, but in my experience will work nicely if treated properly. Remember however that the 7750 comes unlubricated, adn at some time will need to be serviced.

Just got my version from Perfect Clones. Same model but with orange markers and steel bracelet. Its my first replica and it feels awesome. Its massive and makes my genuine Speedmaster Olympic look like a a toy watch.

Only flaws I can see are the obvious spacing issues, 3,6,9 being too small and the writing on the clasp looks a bit fake and "square".

Very weighty and meaty. Maybe too much :(

Might consider a swap for a Panerai daylight?

I just got one from a member who never wore it...still had plastic on it. Orig from EL...

She is schweet...but just as speedie said...it is "VERY WEIGHTY AND MEATY". It is by far the heaviest watch I own...and easily the largest in size. Keep in mind I never caught the PAM bug.

I love it...I never use the chronos...so as long as the seconds keep workin...and time is accuarate...Im very very satisfied. The only noticable innacuracie "at a glance"...is the sub-dial issue. Other than that...looks good. Nice bracelet and case!

Of course it could be ripped apart as many of the 7750's are in Rolex or Omega reps...but I think shes a winner fo sho...