When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Single AR Run?

cskent69

Hey folks out there - trying to drum up interest for a single sided AR run for our Panerais with cyclopses. Talked to Chieftang and he said if we could drum up 20 - we could get a run in gear.

I myself have need for 2 - anyone else interested?

FYI - I have a PAM 063 with a genuine 2893. I know that this was not supposed to have AR on the genuine - but if you have either versions of the cyclopes that the folks on the board created for this - you know that both exhibit a high amount of reflections. I can not remember who posted it - but single sided AR on the inside significantly reduces this effect - making for a much more enjoyable watch. I am sure the same is true of some of our other PAM's.

I can not remember who posted it - but single sided AR on the inside significantly reduces this effect - making for a much more enjoyable watch.

That was me. And I confirm to the last word that chieftang's single-side AR cuts out 95% of date refelections. It is another watch.

• 1 month later...
Members - there has been alot of talk about the correctness of single AR on the Panerai's. Lets get one of these Single AR runs going. I know there are a bunch of you out there. I will start the list:

1. cskent69 - 2 crystals

What's the problem, i'm doing single and double at the same time:) and this is cyclop ARed

CIMG1464.jpg

Chief I'm up for one on my Pam 253 mineral as well. It's supposed to go to The Zigmeister for some TLC. Should I send it to him and have hime send it to you?? How does it work?? Please PM me thanks

hi everybody

im kind of newbie here (but not in replicas)

i`m a little confused, is chieftang and k222 two different services of AR coating? or is the same

im looking for this service but i'm in mexico, so poland seems a little far for me ( if there`s no other way i`ll do it anyway, but want to be sure)

thanks

SALUDOS!!!

hi everybody

im kind of newbie here (but not in replicas)

i`m a little confused, is chieftang and k222 two different services of AR coating? or is the same

im looking for this service but i'm in mexico, so poland seems a little far for me ( if there`s no other way i`ll do it anyway, but want to be sure)

thanks

SALUDOS!!!

Holla!!!! I'm from Poland Chief is from US

Folks, this is all new to me as well. I have been talking to Chief - as he has done some extensive research on this. You are supposed to use a lower temperature process on single sided ar when there is a cyclops which is attached via UV glue. The higher temp process of the double will melt the UV glue and it might move around, etc. So - for instance, I have a 063 crystal with the original cyclops project crystal on it. It has the right diameter for the cyclops - but a super duper amount of reflections - to the point that you can not even read through it. I want to eliminate that.

k2222 also offers AR service. This is the first time I have found out the he does single sided AR runs - right along with his double runs.

k2222 - could you tell us a little about how this works? Also, it would be great to see the AR on a watch that has been put back togethoer again.

K2222 is in Poland

Chief is in the US

I assume that is usually how people choose who they send stuff to. The photos of the double AR runs from both K2222 and Chief are extremely impressive.