When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anyone tried replacing dial in the Franck Muller Crazy Hours with gen dial?

milsub5517

thanks for the lead!

i know that some have asian movements and it is not clear to me if they accept dial replacements. i think swiss mov should have no problem with it

Check this thread, ajoesmith wouldn't sell it if it didn't work. For that price you better move FAST.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=60339&hl=

i know this watch, beautiful work! this wach was with swiss 2892 movement. you also re-painted the hands with more accurate dark blue paint :wub:

I have replaced rep FM dials with genuine ones, but not on the crazy model, only on normal models. I can't remember the type, it was this one here.

RG

Edited by mil_sub

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the model of the rep I'd guess. At a very minimum the dial feet will have to be cut off, since the OEM uses a modified 2892 and the rep uses the standard miyota copy. To fit the model 2852 size case (marked 5850 on the back of the CH rep) I believe the dial should measure 33.5 X 26 or there abouts. The Long"Island CH will not fit a gen dial--the rep case is 1mm too big.