When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP Chrono Screws

kenmasters

I just got myself a SMP Chrono and I wish to re-size the bracelet. I know it uses screws instead of pins. The screws are so small ! I have a tiny screwdriver but its not small enough. I tried with a swiss army knife but the screw doesn't seem to budge. Do I have to purchase a special tiny screw driver from somewhere or take the watch to a watch smith ? You would think resizing a bracelet is the most common thing ppl do with their watches, but even then you need special tools for this.. ! :bangin:

Edited by kenmasters

I just got myself a SMP Chrono and I wish to re-size the bracelet. I know it uses screws instead of pins. The screws are so small ! I have a tiny screwdriver but its not small enough. I tried with a swiss army knife but the screw doesn't seem to budge. Do I have to purchase a special tiny screw driver from somewhere or take the watch to a watch smith ? You would think resizing a bracelet is the most common thing ppl do with their watches, but even then you need special tools for this.. ! :bangin:

I had the same problem.

First of all, for the health of your watch I recommend you to use a correct size screwdriver, it's useful for a lot of thing...sunglasses...

But I confess that I used a leatherman tool before.

No matter the tool you use, you have to help the screw to go out.

While you unscrew give a soft continuous push on the other side of the screw.

The screw will come easily

you can do that with a pushpin put in flat under the bracelet.

Thanks.. I went and bought a precision screw driver set. The bracelet screws require a 1mm screw driver. 1mm ! Had difficultly with one screw that wouldn't budge, but it came out with a little more force.. oh well ! watch is sweet now.. this baby is quite thick ! but I really like the details.. a definate keeper :)

Edited by kenmasters

Thanks.. I went and bought a precision screw driver set. The bracelet screws require a 1mm screw driver. 1mm ! Had difficultly with one screw that wouldn't budge, but it came out with a little more force.. oh well ! watch is sweet now.. this baby is quite thick ! but I really like the details.. a definate keeper :)

I just ordered one from Andrew @ TrustyTime. I was very pleased with it. Again, the pics on his site do not do justice. Anyway, I noticed that the date in the date window was a tad misaligned, that the right side numbers were cut off. When I asked Andrew about it, he said that it was because the window was cut small. Then I noticed that the date was centered in the window. OK, now I'm puzzled. A few minutes later, back to the cutoff. So I asked if there was an adjustment, and he said that sometimes an adjustment could be made from the crown. OK, let's try that. So I unscrew the crown, pull it out, and found that where was some "play" there, in that the minute hand would move 2 minutes before engaging to actually move the hand. Now this is really disconcerting. I don

I got mine from silix.. which has its own problems.. it looks fine except for a small bubble/crack inside the front cystal.. didn't notice it until i took of the plastic covering the cyrstal. I don't see any movement issues or date window issues on mine. The pearl is not perfect, but i hear its common for all these watches.. the start button for the chrono is hard like hell to press...