When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP chrono - crown won't screw in

Guest yaron

Hi guys,

After hand winding the watch several times during the last few weeks I can't screw the crown in any more. This is a quite new SMP chrono that works perfectly besides that. Is this a common problem and does anyone has a suggestion?

Thank you for your advices.

Hi The Zigmeister,

Thanks for your insight, I guess this is the final "sentence" when it comes from you. I understand that you are fully booked during the next 2 months? Is it possible to buy the crown from Ofrei and maybe you know the catalog # they need?

Thanks again and best regards,

Yaron

Hi Ziggy,

Thanks for your insight, I guess this is the final "sentence" when it comes from you. I understand that you are fully booked during the next 2 months? Is it possible to buy the crown from Ofrei and maybe you know the catalog # they need?

Thanks again and best regards,

Yaron

I wish I had better news, but I had to replace all of mine...

To make sure I give you the correct part numbers, please post a picture or a link of your watch, the PO automatic and the SMP chrono take different crowns and tubes, I dont' want you ordering the wrong parts.

I'll have to look in my reference info to get you the correct parts once I see exactly what you have.

RG

To make sure I give you the correct part numbers, please post a picture or a link of your watch, the PO automatic and the SMP chrono take different crowns and tubes, I dont' want you ordering the wrong parts.

I'll have to look in my reference info to get you the correct parts once I see exactly what you have.

RG

I guess you have to replace both - crown and tube - in this situation ? I have UPO, and I still don't have this problem, but I just want to know what to do if *hit happens.

regards

RG

Hi The Zigmeister,

Attached please find a picture of the watch. I apologize for the quality.

Thank you for your help

Yaron

post-9483-1196201634_thumb.jpg

Great picture, thanks...

The case number of this watch is 178.0514

Crown 42154

Tube 090 ST 1237

RG

Hi The Zigmeister,

Thank you for your help, you are very kind. I'll see what I can do and hope to get help from you in the future when you will be more available.

Best regards,

yaron