When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VC Overseas

vlydog

Hello VCO owners,

I just received my VCO in the mail and to my extreme displeasure found that one of the bracelet screws was missing; rendering it temporarily useless.

I have heard of others experiencing the same problems. What have you done to resolve your bracelet issues short of returning it?

Thank you, Vlydog

I'm assuming you checked the package for it? I have 2 of them, one is a beater that my watchsmith had to "hack" up the bracelet because the damn screws were so tight. The other is the double AR version and when I got I found that most of the screws had backed out but at least didn't fall out. Good luck, it's a comfortable watch once you get past the bracelet issues.

Hello VCO owners,

I just received my VCO in the mail and to my extreme displeasure found that one of the bracelet screws was missing; rendering it temporarily useless.

I have heard of others experiencing the same problems. What have you done to resolve your bracelet issues short of returning it?

Thank you, Vlydog

Sad to say that the VCO, since its inception as a rep, has had bracelet screw and screw thread issues. I have all sorts of OFrei spare screw sets that I've tried to use. Sometimes they work for a while. The other day, I was walking through a doorway and accidentally bumped my watch arm against the door jam. A screw fell out and the watch fell off my wrist. Haven't had time to deal with it. At this point, I'm just about ready to permanently epoxy the problematic screws in place!!

I have to throw my two cents in here. The bracelet screws on this watch are a CATASTROPHE. I have two VCO's. On BOTH OF THEM, the screw in the half-link was so badly seized taht I had to have the half-link sawed in half to get it out of the braelet. Virtually every screw I've touched in that bracelet is now screwed up in some way. My second VCO is in even worse shape. I got it used and the bracelet was sized too small for me. No dealer can source additional links, and the want you to buy the whole bracelet and case (for more than I paid for the watch) to get extras.

It's a real shame because it's a beautiful rep, especially the Gen2. It's just a complete waste of money due to that joke of a bracelet.