When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Honest Opinion Requested. TAG Aquaracer Stainless/Rubber?

Daytona4me

Ok fellas,

I've never been a guy who mixes blues and blacks together but I decided to give it a shot when I purchased my Aquaracer.

I fell in love with the blue dial but wanted to see what the black rubber straps would look like. I also wanted rubber because I dont think the bracelet is up to the quality that I want (Even the Genuine Bracelet isn't very nice imo).

After ordering the rubber strap I thought that I probably made a mistake but now that I have tried it on, I have mixed feelings.

I did not clean it up with a cape cod yet and it's driving me nuts.

Please give me your opinion. I tried to do some quick pictures but I plan to do better ones soon.

Thanks

tag_aquaracer002.jpg

tag_aquaracer007.jpg

tag_aquaracer015.jpg

Definitely the bracelet.

The polished middle links suit for this watch perfectly. Yeah, the bracelet is a bit flimsy (both rep and gen). But that's how it's supposed to be.

It doesn't look bad on the rubber, either... it's very sporty, but I love the polished links myself. It adds "finesse" and class.

PS: Moved this to TAG section.

You asked for honesty.... so.... if I'm being honest, the rubber strap sucks. Stick with the bracelet.

Ok, this is not what I wanted to hear, I'll go change the Topic Title,, can you please come back and lie for me? :lol:

I thought this might be the case, I purchased it just in case, I like it "ok" I think it could grow on me.. but I think I do like the bracelet better than the rubber strap. Not sure if I'm going to sell the rubber strap though. Maybe I'll throw that on when I feel funky :huh:

• 6 months later...
You guys are confirming my original thoughts, I think the stainless is the way to go indeed.

By-Tor mentioned the polished middle links (either here or in the wristcheck thread) and as subtle as they are they do make a statement.

sorry to revive an old post but i def think a black dial works with RS but blue should be with SS

doing a little research as i am going to go for a Black RS Asia 7750 model from Trusty

had a 42mm Orange PO SS for a while (got stolen in a break-in)

i loved that watch but it was always too dressy for day to day, attracts too much attention from scally scum ;)

the low key look with RS may be just what i am after

let me know what he quotes you for a black rubber strap, cuz I've never worn mine other than to try it on, see what I thought.. etc.... never outside.

I'll sell you mine if you want.

Andrew aint cheap for top version of this model, but from previous experience with him, I should get a good watch

definitely want black face i'm afraid :)

I had the same problem with this watch. In my case the bracelet clasp was broken (one of the stems) and the seller had stopped selling (Eddie) so I could not get a replacement. I tried the rubber and did not like it either. I also tried a blue sharkskin strap with white stitching that was darker (the too light of a color did not work) and it was not easy to find a strap as it is 21mm but that did not look right either. My solution was to order just the bracelet from Joshua, it is by far the best look for the watch.

TimeShare