When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

E Series Swiss 6497

PAMman

Can anyone recommend a source for an E series modified Swiss 6497 Panerai movement? I would like to buy one of these to transplant into my Fiddy, which is one of the early E0117/1950 cases with sapphire crystal and good dial. Any ideas of where one of these can be sourced?

Thanks.

Can anyone recommend a source for an E series modified Swiss 6497 Panerai movement? I would like to buy one of these to transplant into my Fiddy, which is one of the early E0117/1950 cases with sapphire crystal and good dial. Any ideas of where one of these can be sourced?

Thanks.

I'd suggest Angus and go for the CN Ultimate 6497 -E-series...I just received 2 and they are excellent.

Correct "Sword" regulator , Incabloc , and flared spokes on the balance wheel......and Hi-beat 21.6 Kbph..!!!

The finish looks very very good and whilst I am not sure if these are oiled or regulated professionally ...they keep extremely good time...so far.

I'm dropping them into my 118 and 183...!!

Cheers

FGD

:fish:

I'd suggest Angus and go for the CN Ultimate 6497 -E-series...I just received 2 and they are excellent.

I recently bought the 'Ultimate' PAm111e from Angus. The CN movement looks pretty good and keeps good time so far.

However, I had to correct the position of the Swanneck, since it has moved over the dagger regulator. Only a simple cosmetic operation, but nevertheless...

Thanks.

Mate, Swiss ETA based E-series mov'ts are off limits as spare parts now. The supply of these (and H-series ultimate Swiss mov'ts) is so limited that even the rep factories aren't able to source enough of these for their E-series Swiss PAM reps. It seems that the production batches of these mov'ts are few and far between these days (at least this is the picture some dealers I keep in touch regularly, portray).

I tried really hard sourcing one , but no joy... so ended up buying the cheapest PAM rep with the Swiss E-series ETA 6497-1 mov't to be able to get my hands on this now extremely valuable 'spare' part....well for us PAM rep purists, anyway - LOL!

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola

the Asian E version from Angus has Incabloc. Don't know why.

all asian movements has incabloc... they are copy movements... why should they copy a old shock system (kif)???

but the swiss movements are old 6497 stock movements... they was build with kif shock

Could you swap the bridge plates and/or swan neck from the Asian movement onto the ETA movement for the ultimate Fiddy? By the way are the bridges finished much closer to gen?

What is interesting is that there is a whole misnomer about a lack of Swiss ETA movements. They are readily available in bulk but just not to China and not at discounted enough prices to allow rep manufacturers the same profit margins. At least one major supplier (I don't remember who) is offering virtually every ETA movement including 7750, 1,3's, and 2892,3,4's in quantities from 1 to up to 100 at a time. ETA is finally getting smart.

Could you swap the bridge plates and/or swan neck from the Asian movement onto the ETA movement for the ultimate Fiddy? By the way are the bridges finished much closer to gen? What is interesting is that there is a whole misnomer about a lack of Swiss ETA movements. They are readily available in bulk but just not to China and not at discounted enough prices to allow rep manufacturers the same profit margins. At least one major supplier (I don't remember who) is offering virtually every ETA movement including 7750, 1,3's, and 2892,3,4's in quantities from 1 to up to 100 at a time. ETA is finally getting smart.
You copy the soup...no soup for you!! :lol: kruzer'squestion about the finish is key: Unless the plates and especially the winding gears are significantly better than the old version, I think an "ultimate" version would be a waste of money--the old ones would fool every single person who doesn't know what a panerai movement looks like and nobody who does know. Unless the "ultimate" is damn near gen, the result would be exactly the same. BTW, I guess the ultimate ultimate movement would be to combine Swiss and asian to get the smooth winding of the swiss w/ the high beat & shock protection of the asian...if that's even possible.

Thanks for all the replies - I really wanted the Swiss because it's Swiss, it's as simple as that. Maybe the Asian is the way to go as I'll have the standard Swiss as a backup.

Man, we really need someone like The Zigmeister who knows all about the 6497's to come in and write a good article on the movement. The article should include things like the differneces between Swiss, Asian, and real ETA's. When I say differences, I mean the way to tell which movement is which and if all the parts in your watch are what they claim to be...ie Swiss, Asian, ETA. The Kif,incabloc, and whatever other kinds of shock protection, bridges, balance wheels, blued screws, dagger arms, dimpled regulator arm wieghts, you name it...hit it all. Something solid to use as a dictionary so to speak.