When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamasters Side by Side

beta

New Bond vs Old Bond (added gen "weathered" dial, gen hands, brushed links and aftermarket insert).

I really love both. The gen because its a a gen of course and the rep for its "ruggedness" which I find gives its character. Think, HEV position and CG aside of course, that it stands up to the gen pretty well.

Once I get the find the "picture taking tree of patience" I'll up some more...

Cheers.

B

27069100fq0.jpg

41262085ma0.jpg

89665155ku3.jpg

The rep is a TTK GoldBag YellowCloth Limited Edition handpicked cherry. Quality is absolutely excellent.

No major difference on the dials as both are genuine. The lume on the rep is "sun colored", as in yellowed out but I find that making it all the more authentic.

Waves on the co-axial though are more prominent as Omega changed that, along with the longer hands and applied hour markings which makes it a different look all together.

The rep is a TTK GoldBag YellowCloth Limited Edition handpicked cherry. Quality is absolutely excellent.

No major difference on the dials as both are genuine. The lume on the rep is "sun colored", as in yellowed out but I find that making it all the more authentic.

Waves on the co-axial though are more prominent as Omega changed that, along with the longer hands and applied hour markings which makes it a different look all together.

Wear them well, they are beauties!

i got zee rep of "zee bay". Cheap too, 14.95. Was surprised at the quality too, especially the color is very similar to the gen.

Any chance you could tell us the seller. There are loads of these aftermarket inserts on 'zee bay' and the majority of them are utter crap.

Anyhoo - lovely to see this old-stager still holding its own in a world of super-pricey super reps. One thing that set this 'old factory' SMP apart was that it didn't just match the look of the original, it also matched the quality (and the bits that did fail could be replaced with genuine items!!). Something that can't be said of HBBs and Cousteau Divers.

Any chance you could tell us the seller. There are loads of these aftermarket inserts on 'zee bay' and the majority of them are utter crap.

Anyhoo - lovely to see this old-stager still holding its own in a world of super-pricey super reps. One thing that set this 'old factory' SMP apart was that it didn't just match the look of the original, it also matched the quality (and the bits that did fail could be replaced with genuine items!!). Something that can't be said of HBBs and Cousteau Divers.

Nostalgia-2000 and they are 16.75 shipping included....

The rep (the one on the left ) is not an old factory (unfortunately) but thanks for the 'compliment'.

:)

I wish you guys would say which one is the rep!!!!

Hell I own the damn gen and I cannot tell from just looking at the pics!!!!!!

Look at the length of the hands, particularly the minute hand. The rep has shorter hands. That's the easiest way to spot it in these pics. :) ..and it's not easy to see here, but the He-valve is set a bit lower on the case towards the 10-o'clock marker on the rep. On the genuine it's set on the 'slope' of the lug, nearer 11 o'clock. Also check for the gap between the solid end link and the second link on the bracelet and the pearl which is bigger and more 'blotted' on a rep.

If you get anal you can spot a rep by the colour of the lume on the hour markers, the Omega symbol being too close to the letters underneath, the crown is usually longer on a rep.. and so on.. Our resident Omega experts could probably go on and on.. :)

Hope this helps.

-Ape-

• 5 weeks later...