When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Heigt Of 44mm Cases

shultz

Hi,

does anybody know if the height of a 44mm case which was made for the handwinding pannies will allow to fit also an automatic 7750?

Thx

Yes, they will...and apparently titanium backs are also available on ioffer, if that's what you have in mind...good luck and post some pics!

Yes, they will...and apparently titanium backs are also available on ioffer, if that's what you have in mind...good luck and post some pics!

John,

I thought the automatic mvt. will not fit beacause of it's height and a raised case back will be needed? As far as I know the common case backs (44mm models) are "flat".

Cheers, Frank

John,

I thought the automatic mvt. will not fit beacause of it's height and a raised case back will be needed? As far as I know the common case backs (44mm models) are "flat".

Cheers, Frank

This I'm not sure of--I assumed you would be using a back made for an automatic PAM rep, I was relying on the information I recieved that the handwind and automatic PAM reps mainly use the same cases.

Hey shultz

I'm not sure but I have the Pam165 with 7750 and it looks same case as others

Hey Lancelot,

I assume you've got a steel case 165? I am planning to swap the steel case for the correct Ti case. But actually I don't know if the mvt. will fit. Maybe your 165 case is a bit higher? Would you do me a favour: Maybe you've got a handwind pannie, too? Could you please compare the height of the cases? I am not yet owning the automatic 165 but still researching before I go to realize my 165 project.

Thanks a lot, best

Frank

You are right I have the steel case and just compared it with a 005 logo and looks the same height

In that case, it looks like the back is the deciding factor after all... got to make up the 3mm somewhere. I don't know if the ioffer backs are high enough. I do know that the numbers will be wrong for the 165 (but who has that [censored] memorized aside from people who will spot it as a rep for other reasons).

Given the availability of Ti backs and excellent Ti crowns and guards It's perplexing that no factories have bothered to produce a Ti back and copy any of the Ti or Ti/SS PAM autos. I bet if anyone put out a PAM in anything aside from SS w/ a black dial they'd sell a bunch of them. So, how about a Ti Auto, dealers? Even better one w/ a gray or blue dial...

You are right I have the steel case and just compared it with a 005 logo and looks the same height

@Lancelot

Just to avoid misunderstandings: Did you compare just the cases' height or the height of the entire watch including the case back? Finally I will need additional 3mm to fit the higher 7750. Maybe I will go for two watches and will make one: One automatic with 7750 and right dial and one Ti case watch. In this case I could swap the case back from the 7750 to the Ti case although it is made from steel. That doesn't bother me even not the numerals. But I am afraid of the next problem: Will the screw thread of the Ti case (which is for 6497) will fit the case back of the 7750? I know all these questions seem to sound crazy but e.g. on the 1950 producers we've got a lot of confusion due to the different case sizes....

Thanks again to all on board! :thumbsupsmileyanim: