When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen Crowngaurds.....compare And Possibly Mod?

speedy1

Ok, I have ordered a 195.

I keep looking at the pics and drooling.

But, the more I look at the crown gaurd the more I am thinking it is too large. The amount of space within the CG makes the crown look way small and the lever is wwwaaayyyy too far out from the case. (Everyone has their pet peeves and this one is mine)

Can some onelook at their Davidsen PAM and compare the crowngaurd to one of their other dealer Panerai crowngaurds?

I am think it will be possible for me to remove some material from the bottom of the cg (the area where the CG comes into contact with watchcase). But this will only be possilbe if this crown gaurd is a bit bigger than the others that are closer to gen.

I will have to look at mine when it gets here to see how to do this without screwing up the PVD but I am pretty damn good with sandpaper/files/dremel/etc. and I think I may want to try this.

Can some one eyeball their CG's and let me know if it is indeed bigger?

Funny,

I received my replacement 009 few days ago and the crown guard is also off:

Compared to the first on I receive, it's blasted and pvded like it should,

BUT the lever is really too thin and weak: it moves up and down when open unlike the lever on the first watch (unworking) I received from davidsen that was so thick and sat so firm that I had to use a knife to open it !!

The part of the lever that contacts the crown is also much thinner than the other members pics or the one I received back in may, looks like the correct version was out of stock and a previous version of the crown guard was used. <_<

There is also no pin hole visible that maintains the lever on the upper or lower part of the CG, unlike the correct CG version,

Finally the CG doesn't sit perfectly flush on the case so you can see daylight where the CG and case are in contact :angry2: , when the anterior version was a perfect fit and the gap between the bridge and crown appears bigger and the crown looks smaller in my eyes then, but it could be a visual effect, I'm awaiting confirmation on that.

In one word: wrong and frustrating after awaiting more than a month for a replacement.

But I know Davidsen will make this right again, the gentleman already offered to refund me, I declined, I don't want that, I simply want my 009 looking like any other 009 from any other member, and probably can replace a CG myself, even the crown if I have a Panerai opener no problem. Beside I have a Smat distressed cashemere that is a killer on the watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The rest of the watch is simply a bomb with a 49h PR!