When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! Breitling Bentley GT vs. Breitling Bentley GT Racing

breitling730

Hey everyone, (new to the community and think this forum is awesome!)

I actually just ordered a Breitling Bentley GT with the new caseback from TrustyTime (Andrew) and asked him to swap out the face for a black dial...

However, after more consideration, I am having second thoughts on my purchase. Mainly b/c of the differences between the two models based on the site's descriptions:

Regular Bentley GT --> http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...products_id=671

a. MOVEMENT: Asia Valjoux 7750 (28,800bph)

b. DIAL COLOR: Blue Dial with off-White reccessed subdials and stick markers

c. BACK GLASS: Close case back with Bentley Car Graphic Engraving

Bentley GT Racing (with new caseback) --> http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1272

a. MOVEMENT: Asian Valjoux 7750b1 Automatic (Working Chronos)

b. DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with silver reccesed subdials and stick markers

c. BACK GLASS: Solid Engraved Case Back with insignia

Now I need the advice/insight from forum members about which model I should go with. Maybe I will have enough time to email Andrew and have him switch my order to the Regular GT based on the advice I get here.

1. What is the difference between the Asia Valjoux 7750 vs. Asia Valjoux 7750b1? Is one movement superior/more reliable than another? Pros and cons?

2. How accurate is the rep. depicting the off-white subdials/stick markers for the Bentley GT racing vs. the silver subdials/stick markers for Bentley GT? Does the genuine GT Racing model also have a off-white subdial/stick markers?

Basically, if the movement of GT Racing (with the new casebacks) is inferior to the regular GT model, I rather purchase the regular model which can be more reliable and will last longer. In addition, not knowing the major differences of the face dials (silver vs. off-white) between the 2 models has me concerned that maybe I should just stick with the regular GT. But I do like the new casebacks with the engraving of the continental GT car....HELP ME DECIDE!

Based on feedback, I may or may not switch my order to the regular GT model. Any help/insight/advice/recommendation is much appreciated!!!!

-Breilting730

As far as I know they both come with the new 7750 movement, it's just that in the GT Bentley, it has been denoted specifically whereas the other one it hasn't. They're both the same. The 28k movement.

The main difference between the Normal GT and the ltd ed. racing version is that the ltd ed version comes in a brushed finish. It looks slightly less blingy, and is a finish that I think really suits the Bentley, just tones it down slightly.

Thanks, that helps alot..Yea, I think I would prefer the brushed finish of the GT Racing Edition.

As far as I know they both come with the new 7750 movement, it's just that in the GT Bentley, it has been denoted specifically whereas the other one it hasn't. They're both the same. The 28k movement.

The main difference between the Normal GT and the ltd ed. racing version is that the ltd ed version comes in a brushed finish. It looks slightly less blingy, and is a finish that I think really suits the Bentley, just tones it down slightly.

I own both only noticable difference is the caseback, little AR and the bracelet.

The dials areidentical, you are just comparing different color dials against each other.

Both models are available in a few dial colors.

Both are offered in retail, more likely to see the GT Racing on retail though, as it is newer.

Regular GT

older model

Wing caseback

no AR whatso ever on crystal

bracelet is fully polished on all links

Racing version

newer model

Car Caseback

light AR - not nearly as good as gen or a double AR'd rep

bracelet is polished but has brushed links, two tone of shiny and brushed

The racing model is likely the better bet for most, but one thing to consider if you plan on sending the crystal out for a double AR coating, it is easier to have the coating done on the non-AR version, than one that already has a light coating and must be stripped.

Cheers,

M

I own both only noticable difference is the caseback, little AR and the bracelet.

The dials areidentical, you are just comparing different color dials against each other.

Both models are available in a few dial colors.

Both are offered in retail, more likely to see the GT Racing on retail though, as it is newer.

Regular GT

older model

Wing caseback

no AR whatso ever on crystal

bracelet is fully polished on all links

Racing version

newer model

Car Caseback

light AR - not nearly as good as gen or a double AR'd rep

bracelet is polished but has brushed links, two tone of shiny and brushed

The racing model is likely the better bet for most, but one thing to consider if you plan on sending the crystal out for a double AR coating, it is easier to have the coating done on the non-AR version, than one that already has a light coating and must be stripped.

Cheers,

M

Thanks for the clarification, this really helps a lot. I'm confident I made the right choice in ordering the Racing version. Just received an email from Andrew (TrusyTime) and the watch is on its way! Woohoo...xmas gift to myself!

I love'em both.

I am sure you will be impressed with the GT Racing.

Out of the box it is a better rep.

The caseback is not only different, but much better the quality is equal to the the Gen for the caseback on the racing,

average only quality engraving on the caseback of the regular GT.

Post some pix when you get it.

Cheers,

M