When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breguet - Real Tourbillon

pnodon

Hi,

Does anyone buy the BRE0012 - YG Jubilee Regulatuer Salmon - Real Tourbillon from Joshua or Andrew.

I've a few question before I want to buy this beautiful watch:

- The movement is Asia, how reliable is this movement, I have one asia movement and this gains 10 minutes in one hour !!

- The watch is 18k Yellow gold. It looks like rosee gold, does anyone see it in real and how looks it?

- I live in the netherlands. I bought a few reps and they are all delivered through FEDEX. I read a lot custom problems. What is the best way to send it to the netherlands, I can't take the risk for this price!!

Thanks for your reactions!!

Gerard

The movement I am sure is an asian copy. I have had good luck with asian copies of simple movements found in the rolex etc reps. I would not buy an Asian rep that is that complicated since if it stops working who are you going to find that will be able to fix it? If you want a good quality rep stick with the simplier asian movements or buy swiss ETA. Your just asking for problems with the watch in question.

I have one of these watches, it is the Audemars Piguet Flying Tourbillon.

I purchased it used from an owner who had it for two years, and accidentally smashed it against a toilet. He had it repaired, and sold it to me. It keeps very accurate time (COSC) and I have not encountered any problems/malfunctions as of today. It is a very dressy piece that gets a lot of attention from people who want a closer look. It really is fascinating to look at. It is unlike any rep money can buy.

If you really want a tourbillon watch, get it from Narikaa because he will pick it up for you the next time hes in china and inspect it prior to shipping. These are gorgeous gorgeous watches and you certainly have to own at least one to complete the collection.

Read my review of the tourbillon watch HERE.

Ok thanks. I Think it over....not an Asia for me...

Anybody experience with tourbillons on ebay. See links...

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ROSE-GOLD-FLYING-TOURBI...1QQcmdZViewItem

I've got one based on this. It keeps very good time - I probably don't wear it for more than two or three days at a time, and over that sort of period, it's accurate to within just a few seconds.

I would however expect the accuracy to be very variable across different watches.

Here's a YouTube video of the tourbillon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP1rsUHkK3s

Togad,

Thankx! Do you have a Robert or the one I linked in ebay? Or are the movements the same?

The Robert (that's my watch in the video).

The movements are the same. There are quite a few people slapping their own dials on these things.

/edit

I hope it's ok to link to another forum, but I've just noticed there's a very timely thread developing over on watchuseek on exactly this subject.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=104753

Edited by togad

Thanks Corgi, very nice review!!! I send a email to Narikaa...Do you know of there are swiss tourbillons (payable ones..)

and does the one I want to buy the same movement as yours?

I don't know what the cheapest Swiss Tourbillon is, but I bet it's more than 15K USD.

These tourbillon's are really nice watches, but I'd almost rather have a non-repped brand or no brand at all since a tourby is a very visible complication and the only repped brand that actually uses a carriage or carousel tourbillon or whatever that one is called is Blancpain, and theirs is at 12:00, not 6:00. I really thought we'd already be seeing reps using the center tourbillons that started popping up on ebay late last year. That would be great since like 99.9% of gen tourbillons are center tourbillons and a decent rep (Muller Long Island Tourbillon for me) would be impossible to resist.

I was one of the first to get the tourby from homer - i asked him to come to the board to sell them cause they are so cool.

I highly recomend the one he has in the dealer section - the factory will back it up. I have had it for several months and it runs Flawlessly.

swiss tourbys are 20k plus. Instead of gettign a no name brand, get a no name watch :) then no one knows what it is.,, much cooler in my opinion.

I tell people i'm a collector and this is a special piece that i picked up - even the watch snobs marvel

I was one of the first to get the tourby from homer - i asked him to come to the board to sell them cause they are so cool.

I highly recomend the one he has in the dealer section - the factory will back it up. I have had it for several months and it runs Flawlessly.

swiss tourbys are 20k plus. Instead of gettign a no name brand, get a no name watch :) then no one knows what it is.,, much cooler in my opinion.

I tell people i'm a collector and this is a special piece that i picked up - even the watch snobs marvel

Ok thanks, I like alsoo the no name watches from homer but the problem is that he has only rosee gold. I'm searching for a 18k yellow gold tourbillon.

Is the movement from sea-gull??

Ok thanks, I like alsoo the no name watches from homer but the problem is that he has only rosee gold. I'm searching for a 18k yellow gold tourbillon.

Is the movement from sea-gull??

I bought this today on ebay. Think I did a good deal...(the rest of internets prices are much more than I paid... :D )

http://cgi.ebay.nl/Francois-Rotier-No-1-To...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by pnodon

• 3 weeks later...