When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate 113E

tutima

Just got this one from the mail today. Put on a GS Primo Tan strap and took a few quick shots...

Bought this one from a member at TRC. Never thought I would get a white dial PAM. Just couldn't resist at the time and bought it on impulse. The watch was advertised as 113G but it actually is a 113E.

Nice dial print, high canon pinion, polished CG, flush CG pin, ultimate 2mm thick crown, pinkish AR sapphire crystal, pretty good lume...

DSC02859.jpg

DSC02860.jpg

DSC02861.jpg

DSC02862.jpg

DSC02866.jpg

Greg Steven's Primo Tan - Great strap....

DSC02864.jpg

DSC02865.jpg

The only draw back is the watch comes with an Asian 6497. It is time to start looking for a Swiss E series dagger swan neck 6497 movement....

DSC02863.jpg

Edited by tutima

The only draw back is the watch comes with an Asian 6497. It is time to start looking for a Swiss E series dagger swan neck 6497 movement....

Why is that a drawback? I see no real difference between an asian and a swiss 6497 apart from price. Can someone chime in on why the Chinese 6497 is so maligned?

Why is that a drawback? I see no real difference between an asian and a swiss 6497 apart from price. Can someone chime in on why the Chinese 6497 is so maligned?

Well, you can get the swiss one fixed by a watchsmith if it ever breaks. Plus the main gear wheels have a nice starburst finish on the swiss. And finally, there's the cool swan neck regulator on the swiss version that the asian version here doesn't have. Other than that, probably not too many differences :)

Well, you can get the swiss one fixed by a watchsmith if it ever breaks. Plus the main gear wheels have a nice starburst finish on the swiss. And finally, there's the cool swan neck regulator on the swiss version that the asian version here doesn't have. Other than that, probably not too many differences :)

Uhm, my asian 111g has a working swanneck regulator. My swiss 111h I used to own had a fake one. My watchsmith is pretty sure he could fix my asian 111g if it ever breaks, but I think getting a new asian movement might be cheaper in some case.

Just my 2 cents.

Looks great from the front! I think the word ultimate is being thrown around way too much by the dealers. The movement in this one doesn't have any swan neck at all swiss, chinese or hybrid. To be honest it looks like a 1st gen chinese movement from 1.5 years ago. This is a great movement which should keep time just as well as a swiss movement, but I don't see how it can be ultimate.

BTW: That Greg Stevens is killer!!

Edited by Sweattdogg

If it's a rep, you'll have the same trouble getting it fixed whether it be a Swiss movement or a Chinese movement.

Here's a picture of a gen 111 from Paneristi : pam_111_2.jpg

I've done a side to side comparison with my Asian movement 111E ultimate and the movements are IDENTICAL. I kid you not. Starburst finish on the winding gears and working swan neck. It even has the Incabloc the same as on the pic.

Check out Angus's Asian 11E here: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/pure...RRIVAL/00-2007%

Spot the difference. I can't.

Edited by The Mentalist