When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for modder in EU

hupholland

- DRSD MBW 1665: install T39 crystal and new tube and crown

The crystal is so easy, you can do it yourself. The tube and crown also implies doing the crown guards. There's no point in getting the tube/crown done without doing the guards and removing some of the flat metal between the guards.

I don't know of anyone in Europe offering modding services of this nature for cash, though. The problem is that people like me that are comfortable doing this kind of work would have to charge stupid money for petty jobs. I worked out that to compete with my freelance IT work, I'd need to charge a few hundred Euros for the simplest of jobs.

Also, most modders are just people like you and me that have learned not to be scared of opening a watch. Their work can be variable and they're nowhere as near godlike as some posts would have you believe, as can be seen by the fall-out surrounding some of the work modders have done recently.

If you want great modding, you'll have to pay more than the watch is worth in some cases. Much like The Zigmeister's servicing costing the price of a new watch, the amount of time to service a genuine rolex is the same as to service a 21j Asian movement, so expecting something to be cheaper because it's on a cheap watch doesn't work.

Sorry, this turned into a bit of a rant.