When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FM Casablanca (non 18K)

bing-o

:rolleyes: Too late to get the FM Conquistador ETA2892....so thinking of getting the FM Casablanca ETA2892 from Andrew at over $300. Got a few questions which I hope you guys could help me with.....there aren't much info on the casablancas (non 18K solid gold version)

1. Is the casablanca as good a replica as the conquistador?

2. Is the quality of the different casablanca reps the same, movement aside?

3. Better in Leather or SS?

Would appreciate some input. Cheers :p

:rolleyes: Too late to get the FM Conquistador ETA2892....so thinking of getting the FM Casablanca ETA2892 from Andrew at over $300. Got a few questions which I hope you guys could help me with.....there aren't much info on the casablancas (non 18K solid gold version)

1. Is the casablanca as good a replica as the conquistador?

2. Is the quality of the different casablanca reps the same, movement aside?

3. Better in Leather or SS?

Would appreciate some input. Cheers :p

The best casablanca reps (the steel version of the 18k version) are arguably better reps than the conquistador since the hands are a slightly more accurate blue and the crown is closer to gen.

I don't really see the point in paying for a decorated 2892 on a solid back watch so get the 2824 powered steel version...but check gen pictures to make sure you buy the version w/ the correct hands (there is a version w/ incorrect hands sold as well). Rep FM bracelets are horrible, so definitely buy the strap version. If you pick up a nice strap, have the hands relumed and install an OEM dial, you will never, ever be called out unless someone has the rep serial # memorized or opens the case.

Do keep in mind this is a small watch, though...~39.5 X 33mm

• 1 month later...

well, OEM dials are pretty much gone..

The best casablanca reps (the steel version of the 18k version) are arguably better reps than the conquistador since the hands are a slightly more accurate blue and the crown is closer to gen.

I don't really see the point in paying for a decorated 2892 on a solid back watch so get the 2824 powered steel version...but check gen pictures to make sure you buy the version w/ the correct hands (there is a version w/ incorrect hands sold as well). Rep FM bracelets are horrible, so definitely buy the strap version. If you pick up a nice strap, have the hands relumed and install an OEM dial, you will never, ever be called out unless someone has the rep serial # memorized or opens the case.

Hi archibald,

Could you please tell me which is correct version..what colour should the hands be..

thanks,

iD

Don't have a photo to show right now...but I have owned a rep TW Casablanca for 4 years or so, and the quality of the watch is excellent. Correct colored hands etc. In the case of this particular watch

my stainless bracelet is VERY nice, and is a dead ringer for the gen.

This is a watch that I seldom wear, but would not consider selling. A beautiful sport/dress watch. I purchased the watch from Eddie years ago, and I think the cost was less than 200.00.

If you can find a decent one from any of the local collectors, buy it.