When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help id'ing a movement..?

TomRiddle

This looks like a common Asian 6497, with Panerai engraved foil stickers...

The current base ETA/Unitas 6497 is actually a bit uglier in it's finish, but it may be a "real" ETA/Unitas 6497 with a slightly higher grade of finish.

Just doubtful... as Asians are commonly sold as Swiss, and ETA has eliminated most outside sales.

dunno about the blue screws :p reason why i asked btw is it's a base 111h i bought long ago for $180 , supposed to be swiss, etc so wanted to know :)

and yes, it's base but just wanted to see what the movement experts see

:p i can't tell what from what.. i don't even know what a dagger swan or neck regulator thingie is, lol normally I'm an info seeker and would do my homework..

but it's a Panerai -.- i'm so not a pam guy

thanks you two

swiss

but what is this for blue screws??? They looks realy hand blued? Maybe modded?

maybe one of my sold movements :lol:

That's one of the things I am talking about Tourby... look at the jewel settings as well... the screws AND The settings appear different from base model E/U 6497, however, if these are better finished/different, why are the wheels' finished worse than the stock 6497?

Swiss ETA 6497-1, stock standard $75 mov't modded by adding glue-on decorative plates and blued screws.

Awesome workhorse mov't, one of the least modified ETA 6497 mov'ts that inhibit PAM reps. I have 6-7 of these ticking inside my Pam historics with solid casebacks as well as 036 MM.

Go for it mate, you won't regret it!

babola

• Thanks 1

Swiss ETA 6497-1, stock standard $75 mov't modded by adding glue-on decorative plates and blued screws.

Awesome workhorse mov't, one of the least modified ETA 6497 mov'ts that inhibit PAM reps. I have 6-7 of these ticking inside my Pam historics with solid casebacks as well as 036 MM.

Go for it mate, you won't regret it!

babola

:p I have it already, bought it soooo very long ago to satisfy my pam cravings -.-

jus wanted to verify what it indeed was :D thank you