When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do these look like Jimmy Fu parts to anyone?

HauteHippie

Hi, B.! I can speak about the dial only.

As far as I know, J's dials were base-model, no seconds subdial.

I used to extensively check his offers a couple of years ago (I still happen to have a couple of his dials), so I am quite positive about what I'm saying.

Should Jimmy also offer 111-like dials before two years ago, I cannot tell.

The case, CG, and crown still look pretty good to me though..... Hrmm. :unsure:

Well, they look something to kill for, IMO. ;)

To my knowledge Jimmy never produced crowns.

Jimmy dials had L SWISS L printed below the 6, and the dial looks odd, wrong numeral font and size.

That crown guard lever looks cheap, flimbsy.. well just plain terrible, and the Jimmy CG lever is brushed not polished.

The case lugs look very short, shorter the the standard PAM rep cases, the lugs on Jimmy's cases are longer the the standard PAM rep cases.

These are low quality parts, definitely not Jimmy parts... might be Homer parts...

and the Jimmy CG lever is brushed not polished.

Absolutely correct, I missed it. Apologies.

To my knowledge Jimmy never produced crowns.

Jimmy dials had L SWISS L printed below the 6, and the dial looks odd, wrong numeral font and size.

That crown guard lever looks cheap, flimbsy.. well just plain terrible, and the Jimmy CG lever is brushed not polished.

The case lugs look very short, shorter the the standard PAM rep cases, the lugs on Jimmy's cases are longer the the standard PAM rep cases.

These are low quality parts, definitely not Jimmy parts... might be Homer parts...

Yea I'm pretty resigned to the fact that if it is not a Jimmy dial, they're not Jimmy parts.... Thought the CG lever might just be the pic but you're probably right. Not sure on the lugs.

That's not a JF case in the pics.

Ravishingricks is. What a beauty!

I'll take pics of my extra case for you later. Just let me know what angles and shots you need.

Thanks for the compliment!

@Chieftang, what sssurfer wrote about Jimmy only offering base dials is also my opinion. I have been on the rep scene since Feb 2005,

since then I have never seen a Jimmy offering of a dial with small seconds, only unbranded base dials with "L SWISS L" beneath the 6.

These are not Jimmy Fu parts. I bought a total of 6 complete case sets (including CGs), a few extra CGs and 9 or 10 dials from Jimmy while they were still available. He only ever had 200 of each part as he originally got his D series 001 replicated with the intention of selling his own limited edition, unbranded watch with the base dial. However, Panerai's successful lawsuit against the RXW put that notion out of his head and he started to sell off the parts on eBay as aftermarket spares. He is a prominent Paneristi and didn't wish to get involved with the rep world but we turned out to be his biggest market although he refused to sell through the boards and he wouldn't give me his contacts to allow me to get more parts manufactured. He simply wanted to get his investment back and forget about the whole thing.

His dials were base dials only but they were engraved similar to the genuine A series tritium dials. I have still some which I may try to have reprinted as A series T dials with correct fonts etc. That would be cool.

These are also known as Homer/Ruby cases. Angus also has them now as part of his ultimate 111E offering. They can be sourced as a spare part from Angus, but come with slighly higher price tag due to sapphire xtal.

The case is odd ball, thicker profile, thicker and shorter lugs, thinner rehaut profile, thicker CG and slightlu thicker crown without inner teeth bevel. For PAM rep purists, especially those that favour Jimmy's over standard and DSN cases, this case is very wrong (as it's basicaly wrong dimensions) for others it's just fine.

Also the factory that produces reps with these cases uses sapphire xtal with purple A/R. To some this purple hue is hard to savour, and I can understand that. I own 036 and a spare S/S case of the same type. The 036 was sourced year ago, the case 2 months ago, they're basically the same except for the 036 being Titanium.

cheers,

babola

chieftang, for your future searching, the easiest way to tell a jimmy case IMO is to look between the lugs, there will be a much less visible cutout or indent or whatever you want to call it between the lugs than on most other cases. To be positive, though, I've never seen another case w/ the same lug shape as jimmy's: slightly longer and thinner than most rep cases.