When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai- Asian movement vs. the Swiss Movement

894tom

It is a very, very nice movement, but the finish is still not the same quality as the gen. I'm not sure how else to describe it. It is not the pics, the lighting, or the camera. You have the nicest movement that has been made to date, but still not good enough to fool a wis or AD.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a very, very nice movement, but the finish is still not the same quality as the gen. I'm not sure how else to describe it. It is not the pics, the lighting, or the camera. You have the nicest movement that has been made to date, but still not good enough to fool a wis or AD.

I think I know what you're getting at in the same way that even the best Rolex or Omega rep will always miss something. That said, unless you know what you are looking for, I still think that you won't get called on it. Why do I say that? Because most AD's are staffed by clueless salespeople. I'm not going to relate what happened when I walked into a Bond street watch dealer but it did make me wonder why we agonise over the most infinitesimal detail when eve glaring ones get overlooked.

received today one more of this latest PAM rep movements which is called 60% swiss and 40% asian (available from Davidsen and Angus)

and realize that the swan neck on this version is also NONE working :o

it is not 100% working swan neck like on swiss movements :angry:

no tension on swan neck :yuk:

so will say we have NONE rep movement with 100% working swan neck :thumbdown:

wondering what The Zigmeister will say...