When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Alternative to Big Pilot?

alant

Hi dear all, so far I believe there are no decent reps of the IWC Big Pilot watch. I have went through some of the posts over here and I'm considering to get either the Steinhart Pilot watch or the Azimuth Pilot watch. They looks pretty nice too. Now my only concern is that whether they are good watches? And whether their prices are reasonable? And is it true Azimuth watches are started off by two guys from Singapore? Or if you all have other suggestions do feel free to contribute too. Thanks.

Most if not all of my research on a BP alternative was done at both TZ and WatchUseek fora.....look in the German Brands forum on TZ and the Military/Pilot watches on Watchuseek...there is a lot of info already there and they all have their merits on which one is the best BP alt/price point/value etc....

Hi tech, thanks for the advise! Can double check with you, you mentioned TZ, you are referring to Time Zone right?

Anyway, Azimuth really seems to be a brand spin off from Singapore. They have a museum and boutique located at Singapore. And looking at pictures of the Azimuth pilot watch, I'm a bit concern whether the crown will 'eat' into the skin on the wrist... Are there any owners of the Azimuth pilot watch, please comment on this? Thanks.