When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Planet Ocean 45MM Latest Version?

fivefive

It depends what you are looking for. Silix has the best logo but other flaws. The other dealers have better dials but a flawed logo. Some members have bought UPO's from other dealers then bought the dial from Silix and replaced the logo. Others have bought any UPO then put gen parts on it. There is no right or wrong answer.

The only thing that concerns me about the Silix PO is the bezel teeth. If you look at the picture on silix-prime showing the bezel from the side, it looks like the teeth are very "soft" at the edge; i.e rounded over instead of coming to a distinct edge like they should. Since the gen bezel doesn't fit, I think we'd want the best possible rep bezel, even if it means buying the UPO. What do you guys think?

Here's a gen pic for reference to show how the teeth should look on the edge of the bezel:

bdpo6.jpg

The only thing that concerns me about the Silix PO is the bezel teeth.

Good catch chief. I have 2 PO's, one is a UPO that is heavily modded and the other I bought from a member that has no mods. Comparing the bezels of both, the UPO is very close to the gen pic, while the other is very rounded and "shiny" all the way around. The second one also has a very bad DW font and the DW window is not beveled. I would recommend you go with the UPO and do the mods. Silix offers the better price and the best logo but I don't know if gen parts fit on his version.

Good catch chief. I have 2 PO's, one is a UPO that is heavily modded and the other I bought from a member that has no mods. Comparing the bezels of both, the UPO is very close to the gen pic, while the other is very rounded and "shiny" all the way around.

The UPO pics provided by Angus look very good in this regard:

DSCN2549.jpg

the UPO is too big & bulky...

it looks like a monster on your wrist...

hence the reason why I didn't pull the trigger on it...

other than the size, it's a great rep.

Comparing to a Panerai, after a few months wearing Panerai, the 45mm Planet Ocean actually looks small :lol: Not as small as a Sub, of course, but still small :lol:

In all fairness, the 45mm Planet Ocean is a large watch, but, it is an easy watch to adapt to once it's been worn for a few hours :)

what about the SOSF ? is that 44mm or 42mm?

I'm not too sure about the size of the watch, but, although the case/bezel diameter is quite large, the actual dial is (or at least I felt was) quite small in comparison. I had been tempted to get one, but, having tried one on in an AD, I felt the dial was too small for my purposes. Gorgeous watch, it just didn't fit my requirements :)