When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date Wheel Heights?

DuDro

I am trying to order a new date wheel for a ETA 2824-2 from Jules Borel.

The sales rep asked which height I needed? I've never knew there could be six difference heights for the date wheel?!?

With the dial sitting right on top of the movement and date wheel, I didn't think there could be that much room in between for different heights...Can someone lend some advice?

Thanks in advance!

There is no variations in height for datewheels...BUT, I did have a 2824 in house, that I couldn't get a datewheel to fit.

I can't remember if it was a flat datewheel that it needed, or the one with the raised section, either way, there are two styles of datewheels for the 2824, flat or with a raised section.

The same thing was happening with the replacement datewheels for the 2892 series, some were flat others were raised, and I kept getting the wrong versions for the wrong watch...

You should take yours apart, check which type you have, and order it.

It won't be available in 6 versions, but probably in two versions.

I think the difference is from the age of the movement and at some point they changed them.

RG

RG,

Thanks for your input! I will call them again...

When I spoke with them earlier, the sales rep rattled off a list of "sizes" from 5.05 to 6.05. I need to ask them what those numbers mean. I guess I could play it safe and order the lowest / thinnest height so it doesn't run the risk of rubbing up against the bottom of the dial.

That is very bizzare... A datewheel is no where near 5.05 or 6.05 mm (if that is the measurement).

Sounds like they are mixing up datewheel with hour or cannon pins, which are ordered by height.

I double checked the ETA datasheets, ain't nothing about heights for datewheels...

I'd be curious as to what they say.

RG

I have ETA datewheels that are in three different heights.

Flat for 2824-2 and 2892-2

and two different raised heights. One was from 2834-2 and the other from 2846. Unfortunately I didn't mark on the back from what movement they came from, so I don't kinow which goes to which. At the time I didn't think I needed to know and didn't think there were differnent heights. I can measure later if anyone needs to know. If I remember, one sits about 0.10mm higher than the other.