When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Parcelforce Trouble

Jaymoi

Hey All,

Does anyone here know what the term "Advised" stands for on Parcelforce's website?

Thanks!

Moi B)

I think it means that they know a parcel's on it's way to them, but not actually in their posession yet... The only problem I've ever had with parcel force delivering something, was when someone (somehow) read the last letters of my postcode, as numbers :o The parcel wound up at the wrong depot, but, as I contacted them that day, it was recalled and delivered withing a day or so. I forget if it was delivered the next day from my call, or the day after that, but that was all. Other than that, they've been pretty solid :)

TeeJay's reply sounds correct.

I have a package from the US in this 'Advised' state at the moment. I have the customs ID that the shipper received, (got the 'Advised' notice from ParcelForce website), so I went in to my local ParcelForce office and queried things and was told 'the Coventry branch does all the Customs pickups and must have knowledge of the parcel but hasn't enetered it into the ParcelForce system yet as it has no UK number. Give it some time and you should get it soon, I know that Coventry has a BIG pile of things still to be sorted'.

I am going to wait for a week then check again.

Ham 'n' Pickle.

Just checked on my package, (that previously had 'Advised' on the ParcelForce site), and it now shows as delivered.

The signature shown on the site is not one I recognise so I am assuming that one of my neighbours has taken it in for me !!! (I live in a street with a number of students that I only know by first names).

Seemingly this would mean no customs charges though (as above I was expecting the next step after 'advised' was a notice for charges before delivery would be made). Good news.

Ham 'n' Pickle.