When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mont Blanc Timewalker Leather Rep Strap

spookycord

Lately I find myself moving away from bracelets and moving toward straps on most of my watches. Although the bracelet on the MB Timewalker series is one of it's defining characteristics, I still wanted the option of throwing on some leather.

I originally was going to go buy a gen croc strap. I headed to my local Mont Blanc store and after browsing the cases, I asked to see some straps. The sales woman seemed a bit annoyed, but brought out the straps and quoted me $350 for a black croc + $60 for the buckle I think. After thinking about it for a very long time, I decided I'd try out the rep strap to see how it looked and if I liked the combination enough, I would be back to buy the gen strap. It's similar to the process many use in deciding on which gen watch to buy. Get the rep first. If you absolutely love the watch, then consider the gen!

Contacted my rep dealer. <$50 bucks, strap + buckle. 1 week later. Sweet!

The basic dimensions and patterns and stitchless design are spot on. The polished buckle is very nice, with the star pattern rod ends and cut out to match the design of the lugs on the watch. The MONTBLANC etching is deep and clear.

Although it is a nice piece, it is not up to par with the Breitling rep straps. The plastic exterior is a bit cheap too. Overall though, I'm pleased. Variety is the spice of life...and reps. Let me know what you think. Here it is.

CopyofDSC02446.jpg

DSC02441.jpg

-Spookycord

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...