When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How hard is it to replace bell & ross BR 03-92 dial?

Bigsy

My recent purchase seems to have developed some kind of staining all the way round the outside of the dial, I'm probably going to ask for a new dial off my dealer which he should hopefully sort out.

I assume I remove the screw at the back to get the crown out to remove movement?

Do the 4 tiny screws on the dial need to be removed?

Can I just pull the hands off if i'm careful or do I need a special tool?

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks.

I have seen this stain, it's an over use of silicone...as you wear the watch and it gets warmed up, the silicone melts and stains the dial.

You can clean it off with rodico and only have to remove the case front to do the job. Clean the dial and case front and o'ring, and put the case front back in place when your done.

RG

I have one with these stains on my desk right now, looking at the dial and thinking how to remove them. It belongs to friend of mine, and I was sure went into water with it . Thanks for explanation The Zigmeister, I'll try with rodico right away. I already tried with water and alcohol but to no use ...

BTW, it is orange numerals on black dial, and it has no lume at all, only hands are lumed. What are other members experiences with this model and lume (trusty advertises it with words "Lume glows") - has anyone seen really lumed orange 03-92 dial ?

regards

Thanks for the advice, I just had ago at the staining with a cottonwool bud and some alcohol, it cleaned up a lot of it, but on the main bit of staining it removed the excess silicone but the dial certainly seems perminalty marked.

I've ordered some cleaning putty off ebay to see if that will help but I can't see it making any difference on whats left on the dial, think I'm going to just ask for a new dial as well.

So going back to the my original post....how difficult is it going to be to swap out?

So going back to the my original post....how difficult is it going to be to swap out?

The problems I have with these models are the lack of clearance between the dial and the individual hands. They all have to be right up against the dial and each other to clear and fit correctly. With a loupe and the correct tools, not impossible to do, but certainly not the easiest model to do either.

I did run into some serious problems with the stem alignment on one of these, but others have not had any troubles.

Difficulty is hard to judge, it depends on your experience and skill. If you do the swap, make sure to get rid of that extra silicone, or the problem will only come back...

RG