When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer crown came off stem...how to fix?

eraserhead

While setting the time on my new Navitimer (Fighters) from Josh (my favorite dealer). I unscrewed and pulled the crown out to set the time and the crown came loose, dangling from the stem. Then it came off. Do I send it back? Bring it to local a watch repair? Can't find a DIY for this. Please help. Thanks!

A possible problem could be that the Navitimers do not have screw down crowns, so there really is no reason to "unscrew" it. Its likely that you've just unscrewed the crown from the stem.

I've tried to screw the crown back onto the stem, but the stem is in the "pushed in" position. So now the stem is out of reach of the crown. And I don't have any tool small enough to try to pull the stem out a bit.

I've tried to screw the crown back onto the stem, but the stem is in the "pushed in" position. So now the stem is out of reach of the crown. And I don't have any tool small enough to try to pull the stem out a bit.

Try taking the caseback off and remove the whole movement if possibe. Then you can screw the crown back on, remove the stem, and reinsert once all is back together.

Natron