When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

111e: Crown seems a little off while winding?

pitbos

I am not sure if this is a problem or normal operation, so I figured I'd ask here. While winding the watch, I notice that the crown does not seems to rotate on a level axis. Instead, is seems to tilt back and forth a little while winding. It is not loose at all, but I fear that the crown may be threaded on improperly. The only reason I noticed it was because the crown appeared to be slightly crooked before I locked it down. It's really hard to describe.

Now, the watch winds up without any problems. I just want to make sure this is not a problem that may cause bigger problems down the road. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks! :)

i think it's pretty common for the crown to not be perfectly aligned while turning. you can open up the case back, and inspect and reinsert the crown stem to check. to do this requires a ball of tape for the case back, and knowing which screw to turn counterclockwise 1 to 2 full turns. You can search the forum for that info.