When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate 112H VS Modded 112E

Guest asad

Wow that 112E looks amazing! Let me know if the deal falls through! I want to be next in line! Looks like I joined this group a couple days too late. I would have been all over that piece!

911 that Platinum Rolex is SICK! Something is to be said about a watch company that only uses flawless diamonds on their watches. That watch could buy every single watch ASAD has listed and have some left over to spare for a nice car!

You are 100% correct in saying everything. I understand but as i am coming from only dealing with gens i think only the best rep would maybe satisfy me, I am some what sure i would appreciate this model more due to how much work this has had done to it. But i am still not 100% sure until i hold DVN's 112 in one hand and this in the other only then i can be sure which i like more. Though i am not that big of a Panerai addict but that is the first thing that drew me to this forum as i thought the Panerai is the closest watch that can be repped to 1/1 scale. But as i have done a bit of research on what other have said i have come to realize that there is alot more that goes into making such a simple watch perfect. Sure i can buy a used 112 for around $3200 on T.Z, then it would bother me that i spent 3X more to get the same simple looking watch that with all mods can be had for 1/3rd the price. As i previously owned a gen Pam 111 and 210 even though i really liked them, but sold them because i could not justify having paid that much for such a simple watch with a hand wound movement. So i think at a Grand i am diffenetly getting what i pay for, and truly that is what Panerai's should be worth ( I do not want to put the Gen owners down But i cannot understand paying 3-4 Grand for a basic hand wound watch, Just my .02 cent. Thanks mezzanine for your very honest and practical opinion and i respect you a whole lot for forgiving me for my mistake earlier as i got of on the wrong foot.

Thank You

No worries...

I understand what you're saying about wanting only the best reps. That's been my idea in collecting reps, and I've owned most of the best reps over the last year and only settled on around 6 watches recently. I think you're going to be satisfied with this watch, no question...and obviously you're dealing with a reputable person.

Some watches are made close enough to 1:1 to accept genuine parts, and that is key. You won't go wrong if you can start with a good movement and case, and then plug as many genuine parts into the rest of the watch as possible. It's not just the fact that the gen parts make the watch look better, rather that they're also capable of being re-sold at a later point.

I understand your reasoning, and in this case I think you'll be happy, but in general be careful. What I mean is that you have to apply an entirely different way of valuing these reps. You're sort of stuck in the middle I think. There's a high rate of diminishing value over $500 in any rep. I wouldn't personally own the reps I own that are worth more than that if most of their value wasn't contained in gen parts.

Certain models of panerai are best from certain dealers. For example, I've heard few good arguments that there are significantly better alternatives for a Fiddy than davidsen. For a 112? That becomes more questionable.

For a base model like the 112, if I were in your position, and if I were a big Panerai fan and had $1000 to spend, I would do this:

Davidsen Pam 112

Davidsen Pam 127

And another Davidsen of your own choosing...

Or I would go:

Davidsen 112

The MBW red sub on the f/s board

And a ceramic bezel HBB.

:lol: