When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 196 modification

jclockwork

Hi,

I'm new in this forum and I would like to have some info and recommendations on the following:

I own PAM 196 rep fitted with 7753 movement. It's a bulk rep with the usual faults: paltry lumination (1), wrong thin font on the datewheel (2) and a thin crown (3).

Any recommendations where/how to get the above three mentioned shortcomings corrected?

'Go buy a gen.' Yes, later on.

:g: Thanks in advance,

jclockwork

Hi,

I'm new in this forum and I would like to have some info and recommendations on the following:

I own PAM 196 rep fitted with 7753 movement. It's a bulk rep with the usual faults: paltry lumination (1), wrong thin font on the datewheel (2) and a thin crown (3).

Any recommendations where/how to get the above three mentioned shortcomings corrected?

jclockwork

Replies to your Qs...

(1) Get one the trusted modders (The Zigmeister, Vac, TWP) around here to fix'er up.

(2) Contact "lello" for a date wheel and install it (either by yourself or a watchsmith)

(3) Start trolling the forums, eBay, TZ, and good luck! :p

Replies to your Qs...

(1) Get one the trusted modders (The Zigmeister, Vac, TWP) around here to fix'er up.

(2) Contact "lello" for a date wheel and install it (either by yourself or a watchsmith)

(3) Start trolling the forums, eBay, TZ, and good luck! :p

Thanks for your swift reply.

Sorry for being a novice. Is lello a member? I think that widely referenced lello wheel would make a big difference.

rgds,

jclockwork

Hi,

jclockwork

I had my 7753 196 modded, and it makes all the difference; Had The Zigmeister do the relume and install a Palp crown. I havent botherd with the date wheel though; one, it does not bother me; and two, anyone who could call it out as a rep due to the date wheel would be able to tell its a rep regardless.

So, find a palp crown and have The Zigmeister do the install and relume...and talk to lello if you must have a DW.

I had my 7753 196 modded, and it makes all the difference; Had ziggy do the relume and install a Palp crown. I havent botherd with the date wheel though; one, it does not bother me; and two, anyone who could call it out as a rep due to the date wheel would be able to tell its a rep regardless.

So, find a palp crown and have ziggy do the install and relume...and talk to lello if you must have a DW.

How does one find a Palp Crown. I need three but have had no luck contacting Palp.

Definitely get the lume done, The Zigmeister did mine and it's transformed the watch. I've got a datewheel but I haven't had it installed yet. The watch is running at +2 sec/6 days!!! :tu: and i really don't want to have it taken apart when it's running so well. It is the most accurate watch I own rep or gen.

DSCN1511.jpg

Edited by baltic