When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with adjusting bracelets

DemonSlayer

Hi everyone, today I received 6 reps I had ordered last week (yes a haul I know ;)), as far as I know, they are spot on in terms of aesthetics and build. However 4 of them all had a common problem, either the screws on the bracelet were so badly designed that none of my screw drivers would fit properly into the 'notches' to allow me to turn them and therefore adjust the bracelets, or the some of the screws are so stubborn that they simply refuse to turn no matter how much torque I apply!

The screws on my SMP are so bad that there simply aren't any notches at all, they are barely visible and there is no way any kind of screw driver will fit in there. The way it looks right now is that I will have to somehow file in 'notches' so they become deeper so that maybe with some luck, I can make them into proper screws and allow a screw driver to turn them.

Has anyone here had these kind of problems with any of their reps, and if so, how did you solve this? Many thanks in advance, it is much appreciated :)

The screws on my SMP are so bad that there simply aren't any notches at all

Im not being smart here but are you sure they are not pins?

For the screws, a tight fitting screwdriver makes all the difference, I've even put the bracelet in hot water to expand the metal slightly, sometimes works sometimes not. Don't round off the heads of the screws, stop before you do that and........

If you are really struggling, take them to a watch booth, you know the kind, in shopping centers and the like, just don't take them to an Authorized dealer.

I am not actually 100% sure if they are screws or pins with screw heads. I can make out faint screw notches on the heads, as if they are really poorly designed screws :lol: I'll try tapping them out and see if I have any luck. I'm sure that the current SMP watches asian or ETA come with screws instead of pins in the bracelet don't they?

watches003.jpg

watches005.jpg

I don't know if you can make that out, but thats the supposed 'screws' on the SMP bracelet. Theres a very faint screw head line where the screw driver is supposed to be placed, so faint that it might as well not be there because no screw driver can fit into that :lol:

Heres the AP RO Chrono bracelet:

watches022.jpg

watches023.jpg

The screw heads are badly made, the notches are deep but wonky so a flat head screw driver just simply doesn't lock in.

Thanks, I was just thinking it might be screws because the head is certainly shaped like a screw, just very faint, not very noticeable. Do I tap the pins out on this side or on the opposite side?

I'm just off to bed DemonSlayer but you could have a look at By-tor's excellent guide to the Omega Seamaster,

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=4509

Theres a bit about resizing the bracelet, it will give you a good idea of what you are doing.

Just to repeat, if you are not sure, either ask or take it to a watch booth to be resized.

Good luck.