When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

some watches are just for... fun!

longshot

i can be as fanatic as the next rep collector about accuracy. that's why my old factory black SMP has a gen insert and crown and tube and hands! but rep collecting is also about fun to me. trying watches you could never own, or are not even sure you like ;) i've never been a huge speedmaster fan but thought i might like to try one someday. so when a member listed this one a few weeks ago at a terrific price, i jumped on it. yes, is is a complete fantasy. the subdials are wrong and it's even quartz (a reliable japanese citizen that works and re-sets every time and is plus 3 seconds in 2 weeks). and i like it and it's a cool/fun beater :) and it cracks me up that the rep maker even marked on the back that it is a quartz movement. guess they did not want to be dishonest! i just got a dimodell imperator waterproof strap in honey crock from my friend walt at lone star (cost almost as much as the watch) that i'll be putting on it later today :D

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Beautiful watch!! Pleaes tell me how the various sub-dial hands work...are the subdials "dummy", advancing by the pushers, or do they actually work with a "ticking" motion?

I have this same watch in automatic form that I bought on Canal Street last year. It has faux chronos and the 6 oclock dial is a 24 hour subdial. The "chrono" hand works as the running second hand. While it has the incorrect clasp, the bracelet is heavy, with a nice clasp. It even has a "correct" standard Moonwatch caseback (not the patch that is on the genuine watch)

The color combination is beautiful.

Good luck with your watch!!! I am sure that you will love it!

Tom

Beautiful watch!! Pleaes tell me how the various sub-dial hands work...are the subdials "dummy", advancing by the pushers, or do they actually work with a "ticking" motion?

it's a real chrono and works just fine. the 3:00 subdial is a 24 hour dial. the 6:00 is the running seconds (yes it does 'tick' one a second. quartz after all). the 9:00 counts minutes up to an hour and the center seconds is the chrono seconds hand. the top button starts and stops the chrono and the bottom re-sets it. i use it all the time :)