When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dewitt Academia

dude82

Just saw this watch the King's website

DEWITT-005-NEW-titanium

SWISS 7753 -LIMITED EDITION

post-3873-1201544206_thumb.jpg

post-3873-1201544217_thumb.jpg

post-3873-1201544227_thumb.jpg

Any idea on how accurate is the rep..

How does it compare to the gen? how accurate is the caseback?

Thanks,

iD

yes the gen also uses a 7753 movement and this caseback is far more accurate than the regular one being one sold. I am considering purchasing this one as well, but its a bit pricey. The only thing that is slightly inaccurate is said to be the font of the word chronograph altho i have seen the gen in person and i cant really see the big difference.

Clasp is a little loose and sharp on this one, plus the rubber is pretty stiff and plasticky feeling compared to the IWC CD and HBB smooth straps. Rotor is fairly loud too. But really all that doesn't matter to me because it's just so cool and the fit and finish on the dial and case are so outstanding. Movement is also probably the nicest finished I've seen on the A7750's.

I liked the look of this watch from the photos and found the Dewitt line of watches selling in the mall where I work. I tried on the gen 'Academia', while wearing my HBB and found it to be light, the band seemed rather cheap, and for $27,500.00 it did not compel me to want to own the rep, in fact I much preferred my rep HBB to this watch. I almost ordered one too, so it is good to try on the gen

of any rep you might be considering, before you pull the trigger, IMO.

I think both cases are exactly the same, it is just a matter of photographing angles.

The only difference is the heart, Asian 7750 and ETA7753. If you are willing to pay 2.5x more, then go for the ETA version.

when u say the heart you mean the back of the movement right? because there is a big difference between the 7750 and the 7753 model.

you don't actually appreciated the watch until you have one in your hand. I got mine and it is every nice watch and it is very light. The gold plating suppose to be 5mil thick.

Here are the pictures (from the watch that i am selling for a friend that we purchased together)

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

Ishann, I answered your strap question already, do you not read it or do you just not believe what I say?

Regarding the gold, it is the same with anything gold plated. It will scratch and wear eventually. If you love the watch you can get it re-plated at some distant point in the future. So far I've not had any problems with gold on a case or bezel, only seen problems with gold on bracelet parts.

I liked the look of this watch from the photos and found the Dewitt line of watches selling in the mall where I work. I tried on the gen 'Academia', while wearing my HBB and found it to be light, the band seemed rather cheap, and for $27,500.00 it did not compel me to want to own the rep, in fact I much preferred my rep HBB to this watch. I almost ordered one too, so it is good to try on the gen

of any rep you might be considering, before you pull the trigger, IMO.

Of course it's light, it's made of titanium.

The question asked was not directed towards you, i was merely asking dvn and taking his opinion the same. As for the strap of the watch i just had a word with King and he informed that he would be getting a new strap on the watch after the chinese new year...

what did he say would be the difference? so i guess you are waiting for this version then>?

Guest carlsbadrolex

Considering the watch in the photos above are of a watch I just received today (Thank yo for offering it for sale!) I can tell you that the fit and finish of the watch is incredible. I have compared the a7750 watch to pics of the gen and I dont see what differences in the case back you are discussing. I think both cases are identical.

I am typically not someone who would like this type of watch... but it is incredible!

I will be headed down to Tourneau tomorrow to check out the gen.

Just saw this watch the King's website

DEWITT-005-NEW-titanium

SWISS 7753 -LIMITED EDITION

Any idea on how accurate is the rep..

How does it compare to the gen? how accurate is the caseback?

Thanks,

iD

Actually, the Bezel and the "Edge" of the Case are physically NOTCHED, to create the "Gear" effect. The Rep is just colored black to simulate the effect. No matter how nice the case back looks, I can't get past this flaw.

Here's an example in this Nicolet homage to the Dewitt:

nicolet_this_0752.jpg

nicolet_yes_bw2_0756.jpg

and.....

dewitt1.jpg

Edited by bres3000

The other watch i have been considering along with the Dewitt..is this version of the AP offered by King (with correct cyclops)..

as for the dewitt i am still doubtful about the accuracy of the watch..has anyone seen the gen? how is the rep in comparison..besides the Chronograph (font differnce) and blue screws is there any other noticable flaw in the watch. The strap as king told me would be changed after chineese new year..Which one of the two watches is a better rep out of the box (keeping in mind the seconds at 9)

post-3873-1202229874_thumb.jpg

post-3873-1202229934_thumb.jpg