When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dewitt Academia

dude82

You will not be dissapointed with the Dewitt,and more so if it comes with the softer rubber strap.I have the harder rubber strap and it is getting a little softer/supple the more i wear it.Problem is i cant take this dam porsche one off.Looks like i'll have to ware two watches.

P.S my Dewitt does not have blue screws in the movement!! and the double AR is the best ive seen yet! The sapphire is pure flat like the gen and not convexed or concaved.

Edited by KELLTINA

Guest carlsbadrolex
Actually, the Bezel and the "Edge" of the Case are physically NOTCHED, to create the "Gear" effect. The Rep is just colored black to simulate the effect. No matter how nice the case back looks, I can't get past this flaw.

If I am understanding you correctly, I would have to disagree... The rep is notched also and does have the rubber inserts. Concerning the blue screws... That is an easy fix. As soon as I can find the proper tool to open this watch, the screws will be changed with plain ones from another a7750.

You will not be dissapointed with the Dewitt,and more so if it comes with the softer rubber strap.I have the harder rubber strap and it is getting a little softer/supple the more i wear it.Problem is i cant take this dam porsche one off.Looks like i'll have to ware two watches.

P.S my Dewitt does not have blue screws in the movement!! and the double AR is the best ive seen yet! The sapphire is pure flat like the gen and not convexed or concaved.

hi just wondering which dealer you got your Dewitt from without the blue screws. also could you take some pics please

• 1 month later...

I have an interesting question/observation. If you look at the case back on the Dewitt it looks like they are using rivets instead of screws to hold the case back on. Now when this watch needs servicing (the movement that is) how does the watchmaker take the back off to get to the movement??? Do we have a disposable watch here??????? (once the movement fails its Un fixable) Does anyone know how the case back is removed?????

Re: the accuracy of this watch, I compared it to the real deal. Mine does NOT have the blue screws and it is so close to the real deal I couldn't find any flaws. I know there must be some, but my "lying eyes" couldn't find them. And the bezel is notched. The only problem with mine is it came with the white strap attached and I want to change to the black strap. but there is no tool yet to change straps. Joshua tells me it will be available next month. Until then I will have to be satisfied with the white strap......which is a little to feminine for me. I'm a jeans kinda guy.

...........But the watch is one of the best out of the box reps yet. A $20,000 watch for $400+.

I LOVE mine, this is such an awesome watch. That fusion of materials, gold, rubber, titanium, very very modern and cool. My only wish is that I could figure out how to open it so I could pop the crystal, strip the not-particularly-effective rep AR and send it to chief for some real AR treatment. Then that beautiful dial would pop even more.

This watch begs the question, when this level of replication is possible, how can the gens possibly justify their asking price? $400 vs. $20,000? The gen is simply not anywhere near that much better (if at all, really). I guess in the gen world, you pay for the price. Or as a manufacturer once said (regarding setting retail prices on high end pieces), "Put a zero on the end, to make it sexy".

I, too love this watch (I have the grey version). It cost more than I would have liked to pay, but it's a thing of beauty. The strap is a bit uncomfortable (the clasp digs into my wrist), but otherwise it's great (and it keeps excellent time).

Re: the accuracy of this watch, I compared it to the real deal. Mine does NOT have the blue screws and it is so close to the real deal I couldn't find any flaws. I know there must be some, but my "lying eyes" couldn't find them. And the bezel is notched. The only problem with mine is it came with the white strap attached and I want to change to the black strap. but there is no tool yet to change straps. Joshua tells me it will be available next month. Until then I will have to be satisfied with the white strap......which is a little to feminine for me. I'm a jeans kinda guy.

...........But the watch is one of the best out of the box reps yet. A $20,000 watch for $400+.

ok just wondering which dealer did u get your version from? the one without the blue screws?

thanks

Per Subzero's request, here's a picture of the Grey Dial version for your reference.

As you can see, this one has blue screws (from Josh). Sorry, I should have cleaned it before taking pictures (I wear it too often).

The screws that hold the case together appear to be some strange 5-sided screw head. I assume that this would require a special tool for servicing (but then again, I'm not a watchsmith). Bummer that a special tool is required to remove the straps (good thing I like the black).

On another note, I see that Subzero is selling a BCE ultimate, just when I have one on order from Ruby, DANG!

dewitt_closeup.jpg

dewitt_closeup_rear.jpg

I just LOVE this watch but how in the heck are you going to be able to get it serviced when that time comes? From what I am hearing the only way to open the case back is by sending the watch back to the factory in China!!!! I was ready to buy this watch until I inquired and heard this from the dealer. Now I still want the watch BUT may need to buy something else.

• 5 months later...
it would be nice to see this dial version...it would bring some new colors in this white/black dial world of reps

chm03788ccc94ae7wc6.jpg

the DeWitt Academia is one of my favorite reps...and I cannot describe how much I like the look of this one and how much this rep is well made...it's indeed a super rep IMO and with the price correction that this one had a month ago it's an additional reason for everybody (who likes it) to buy it...

and do you know what is an additional good reason to purchase it?

this (pics are used from a dealer named Tony - there have been members who ordered with him in the past - mostly positive experiences) : I bet our dealers can source this dial color as well!

tip - be careful cause his mvt description are not the best - using swiss valjoux mvt to describe A7750!

f_dewittacadem_5ebc6c2.jpg